Im In Love With My SG

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Wow. first live performance with it saturday night. aboslutley solid. held up, in tune all night long. it cuts through beautiful, doesnt get muddied in. i dont know what else to say other than the fact i am extremely happy with this purchase. the sound is incredible. and using it in alive setting, very trustowrthy. had the strap locks on and everything. now all i need to do is duct tape my chords into my pedals :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    they are such comfortable guitars to play live too... easy fret access, light weight... they look pretty bad ass as well.

:)

I like my SG too.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by House53
    they are such comfortable guitars to play live too... easy fret access, light weight... they look pretty bad ass as well.

I like my SG too.

Yeah, I'm in love with your sg too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Well, if I ever actually sell it... I know I talk about it a lot... you will be first to know...

I will sell it to you today for $3000... That includes shipping... but not the hardshell case... :D
    There's No Code.
    Well, if I ever actually sell it... I know I talk about it a lot... you will be first to know...

I will sell it to you today for $3000... That includes shipping... but not the hardshell case... :D

yeah I love it in the same kind of way Clapton loved Harrison's wife. For 3 grand. I'd have to steal it. Wait hang on. I'll marry J lo in a couple of weeks, can you hold on that long?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    i will NOT ever play a les paul...

wel obviously i m sure i will have one , someday...

but i see no need for one. the sg is more versatile(in my opinion), lighter, sounds just as good if not better (opinion again) looks cooler. and i really feel this guitar cuts through much cleaner and punchier...

i love htis freeeking thing
    I have made similar statements about strats... I just don't really dig them, at all. I rarely play one that I like, and have never liked one enough to purchase it...

again, I am sure I will own one at some point.

SGs rule... I will be plugging one up tonight at band rehearsal...
    There's No Code.
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    I have made similar statements about strats... I just don't really dig them, at all. I rarely play one that I like, and have never liked one enough to purchase it...

again, I am sure I will own one at some point.

SGs rule... I will be plugging one up tonight at band rehearsal...

Ironically, I will be slinging my SG standard tonight at rehearsal as well. I love my SG too! But I also love my Les Paul, Strat, and Tele!
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    as will i be slinging my sg up once again...

for our show on wednesday night...wayside as whole hasnt played together since january...and we are just gonna get up and do it..should be interesting...

i love my strat as well. i need to bring that thing in as well to get worke don...
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    yeah I love it in the same kind of way Clapton loved Harrison's wife. For 3 grand. I'd have to steal it. Wait hang on. I'll marry J lo in a couple of weeks, can you hold on that long?

Yes, I can wait for J Lo's new marriage to end...

Maybe you can write some great music like Clapton did...

I think I might have to play the tele tonight at practice... the Deluxe Reverb was designed with the tele and strat in mind...
    There's No Code.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by 62strat

but i see no need for one. the sg is more versatile(in my opinion), lighter, sounds just as good if not better (opinion again) looks cooler. and i really feel this guitar cuts through much cleaner and punchier...

Its refreshing to hear a dude actually think a les paul is heavy.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Its refreshing to hear a dude actually think a les paul is heavy.

oh come on it ain't that heavy. 3 inch leather strap and some padding and it's not too bad. Slap on some new DR's. Lovely tone. not that I don't still really want a PT SG that I'd gladly trade in the LP for.
    I am tempted to get that sunburst LP Standard at Ed's... it was pretty nice.

althought the ASAT Bluesboy is really at the top of my list.
    There's No Code.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    oh come on it ain't that heavy. 3 inch leather strap and some padding and it's not too bad. Slap on some new DR's. Lovely tone. not that I don't still really want a PT SG that I'd gladly trade in the LP for.

If I have to add all that I don't need do I. Its heavy and I like the SG's better.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    If I have to add all that I don't need do I. Its heavy and I like the SG's better.

yeah, they are comfy too. I think you add to that the fact you're and Iommi fan and that sells the SG. There are a lot of Slash/Zack Wild fans that will argue the Marshall/Les Paul Std combo into the ground.

It's funny that Les Paul himself actually played his SG model quite a bit.

It's like arguing with Harley Owners about which one's the best.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I dunno...I love my Les Paul Standard. I mean LOVE it. It the closet thing I have to a Child and I cherish it so much.
    Originally posted by DaytimeDilemma
    I dunno...I love my Les Paul Standard. I mean LOVE it. It the closet thing I have to a Child and I cherish it so much.

Is it sunburst? I have such a soft spot for sunbursts. I think the Les Paul STD in Heritage Cherry Sunburst was my first guitar lust/love.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    why don't you marry it?
    I have always liked Teles with Humbuckers... it's just cool.

Keith Richards...
    There's No Code.
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Is it sunburst? I have such a soft spot for sunbursts. I think the Les Paul STD in Heritage Cherry Sunburst was my first guitar lust/love.

Yes, it is sunburst.
    I have always liked Teles with Humbuckers... it's just cool.

Keith Richards...

To be fair Kieth Richards would look cool playing a garbage can like a washboard.
    very true...

but guys like me need help... so I have to borrow from people like Keith, Pete Townshend, and Ed Vedder for my style...

There's No Code.
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376
    I've had my SG for 4 years now and this year I bought an old second-hand Fender Jag-Stang. As much as I loved my SG, I haven't touched it for months now. :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • BoomDaddyBoomDaddy Posts: 51
    i love my strat
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Originally posted by 62strat

What kind of SG did you get?
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    Its funny to me how people complain about weight. Maybe its just because im in the "Billy Corgan" body mold for guitar players, but weight does not bother me at all. My lovely jazzmaster (that I made) is made out of Mahogany. With a strat scale length. I let someone else play it, and they said "God, you could bludgeon baby seals with this thing!" I love it though, its my baby.
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    Originally posted by djyman15
    Its funny to me how people complain about weight. Maybe its just because im in the "Billy Corgan" body mold for guitar players, but weight does not bother me at all. My lovely jazzmaster (that I made) is made out of Mahogany. With a strat scale length. I let someone else play it, and they said "God, you could bludgeon baby seals with this thing!" I love it though, its my baby.

Gibson is coming out with Cloud 9 series that lowers the weight of a Les Paul by a couple of pounds. I dunno, for me, if an LP doesn't weigh 9lbs, than it ain't an LP... haha...
  • SG's ROCK!

I've been borrowing my uncle's '69 SG for the past two years and I don't know how I'm gonna part with it. There is nothing better for straight out rock than an SG. The weight is perfect, as I too have built my own guitar (from scrath) out of mahogany, but just can not stand to play it for more than two or three songs because it weighs more than a Les Paul. I'll stick with the SG or maybe a nice semi-hollowbody for the clean tones.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!