Options

Ok but seriously, i want an SG

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Someone find me a steal..so i can sell my shitty, well its actually not too bad epi les paul perry model....thingy ding, fo ra nice SG...one of dem teal ones...or id go white too...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I bet you can get 2-300$ trade in for that les paul. Just save up 500$ and go get urself a new sg!!!
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    ebay the paul then scour around for the SG.

you'll get more out of ebay for the paul then a dealer is going to give you. unless you work a sweetheart deal.
  • Options
    thats probably what ill plan on doing, onlything is..guita rcenterhas shit for deals and gear...and i hardly find any good SGs anywhree at all...im thinking ebay would be the ony place...i suppose i could sell my guitar on ebay..or something, hell i dont know
    but thats probably what ill do, im getting anice paycheck now so ill be able to afford to do a trade in sort of thing hopefully.
  • Options
    ya ill probably do the ebay thing over the next month or so, make them pay for hsipping too...

funny , but mean..i got like 350 for my marshall valvestate..that thing aint worth 2 in my book...

i have to get some soldering done on the epi before i sell it...
  • Options
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2375077563&category=47073

hows that fucker?

wasnt really looking for that finish...but looks ike a pretty damn good deal...
  • Options
    i much prefer that finish to the flipflop teal. i didn't like the teal when i saw it in person. the faded's have more character imo. and $600 is the going internet price for them.
  • Options
    ya i was actually thinking about that as well..seeing mccreadys teal one was pretty badass, but everytime i saw one in a store i never thought it was the same thing...

so ya i do like that one alot as well....

but how is it as guitar, give me the low down
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by 62strat
    hows that fucker?

I like it... great pickups. Swap new tuners on there and you'd be golden. Seller has pretty glowing reviews. If it's what you want, go for it!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    i, sadly, have never played an SG b/c i've never seen a left-handed one in person. epi's yes but not gibsons.

paco loves them though and i know he's jonesing for one as well.

from what i understand. thin, fast neck. chunkier tone than a paul. and lighter.
  • Options
    ya ive never played one plugged in.....

but it soudns damn nice from your words and waht people say...

and it feels great, tough to get used to...but fuck, i think i want that...i want to sell my epi now for tha tbad boy..shouldnt cost me too much more
  • Options
    i think it's a good step up and a good counterpart to the strat.
  • Options
    ya i def agree. thats the main reason, i dont need to go top of the line..build my way up. How much you think, in general i could get for my epi les paul...i THINK its the les paul model...the same colors, minues the marble pickgaurd i took off..but its got a nicefinish to it...sounds darn good too....hmm.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i, sadly, have never played an SG b/c i've never seen a left-handed one in person. epi's yes but not gibsons.

paco loves them though and i know he's jonesing for one as well.

from what i understand. thin, fast neck. chunkier tone than a paul. and lighter.

yeah I love SG's. A little more resonant than the LP's the neck is more thick and full on the back half though, like a PRS Wide Fat or older (50's) tele's. Nice brighter tone than a LP on average much much lighter.

The faded's are great. Same pickups as the SG special and really the SG standard with out covers or binding or fancy finish. Bare bones badass guitar. I would change the tuners to lockers though and consider a graphite nut and perhaps saddles later on. Tuning can go out fairly easily but the advantages are many.

also the fadeds have ebony fingerboards, I like them much better than rosewood.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Only thing I don't like about the SG is the neck joint... the whole thing just looks crooked from the side. But the neck plays really well (once you get used to it, after a couple days) and the humbuckers on that specific one (490T and 490R) are good open-coil buckers. It will be a bright combo compared to a Les Paul, though, between the body and the pups.
  • Options
    i honestly don't know what the paul's worth. take a cruise over ebay and see perhaps.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Only thing I don't like about the SG is the neck joint... the whole thing just looks crooked from the side. But the neck plays really well (once you get used to it, after a couple days) and the humbuckers on that specific one (490T and 490R) are good open-coil buckers. It will be a bright combo compared to a Les Paul, though, between the body and the pups.

you know what would look sweet in the faded. Swapping out the double black 490 and 498 to some 57 classics or bustbucker v's in black and cream
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    you know what would look sweet in the faded. Swapping out the double black 490 and 498 to some 57 classics or bustbucker v's in black and cream

While I love the sound of '57 Classics... I think zebra Burstbuckers would look the best. And the open-coil burstbuckers would sound pretty goddamned good, too.
  • Options
  • Options
    black only. fuckers. i'd rather get a faded from southpaw. not that i'm going to.

i wanted to put a bigsby B7 on my paul today until i realized i'd have to drill the top.
  • Options
    black only. fuckers. i'd rather get a faded from southpaw. not that i'm going to.

i wanted to put a bigsby B7 on my paul today until i realized i'd have to drill the top.

ooooh yeah don't wanna do that. I wonder how much the faded would be for you guys.
  • Options
    ooooh yeah don't wanna do that. I wonder how much the faded would be for you guys.

my paul and rickenbacker are mod free zones.

southpaw sells the lefty faded for $800. but i don't like the crescent inlays.
  • Options
    my paul and rickenbacker are mod free zones.

southpaw sells the lefty faded for $800. but i don't like the crescent inlays.

I'd much rather have pearl blocks but what are you gonna do?

The Standards don't fit my hand as well.
  • Options
    i'm done with the solid body sound anyway. i want this.

http://southpawguitars.com/335wal.jpg

'72. $2100.
  • Options
    While I love the sound of '57 Classics... I think zebra Burstbuckers would look the best. And the open-coil burstbuckers would sound pretty goddamned good, too.

I've got a 68 sg , I put 57 classics in it, and I love that guitar better than les pauls. The neck is my favorite on any guitar I've had. It's light, sound is so open, it is brighter than a Paul. It balances well when you're standing and,,, you can sit on the couch without the cord getting stuck in the upholstery!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    I'd much rather have pearl blocks but what are you gonna do?

Pearl Trapazoids! What are you thinking, Paco? Pearl Traps on ebony... that's the way to go
  • Options
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    I've got a 68 sg , I put 57 classics in it, and I love that guitar better than les pauls. The neck is my favorite on any guitar I've had. It's light, sound is so open, it is brighter than a Paul. It balances well when you're standing and,,, you can sit on the couch without the cord getting stuck in the upholstery!

Bob has all the cool stuff...
  • Options
    Bob has all the cool stuff...

I will admit,,, I have some cool stuff. I am thankful for that. I may be selling some of that stuff in a while to cover some treatments I'll be doing. I am now glad I had that stuff from the 60's.

When it all comes down to it. I like my Deluxe reverb, my tube screamer and my SG and G&L legacy the best to take to the beach!
    And my Taylor
    And my lap steel

And my Selmer

And my Martone 1 watt....................
    Be kind, man
  • Options
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    I will admit,,, I have some cool stuff. I am thankful for that. I may be selling some of that stuff in a while to cover some treatments I'll be doing. I am now glad I had that stuff from the 60's.

When it all comes down to it. I like my Deluxe reverb, my tube screamer and my SG and G&L legacy the best to take to the beach!
    And my Taylor
    And my lap steel

And my Selmer

And my Martone 1 watt....................

Better up the generator.

Exhausted, That one is beautiful you and me both. How cool with that look on stage opposing 335's
  • Options
    Better up the generator.

Exhausted, That one is beautiful you and me both. How cool with that look on stage opposing 335's

I'll settle for the one watt, I don't want to blow the fuse on you!

Opposing 335's would be a great look!

I'll sit back with a pina colada and listen!
    Be kind, man