Brian Ewing - RIP

Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,430
edited July 2023 in The Porch
Emek posted that Brian Ewing passed away. Not sure of any details.

I have his Darwin poster from PJ and the Amelia Earhart poster for the Foos...great work and he always put extra stuff in the poster tubes.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
Post edited by Gern Blansten on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,178
    RIP :(

It is with heavy hearts that we share the news of Brian P. Ewing's passing. A beacon of kindness, Brian made an enduring impact on the lives of countless individuals. His remarkable generosity knew no limits, and his accessibility to fans and collectors was a testament to his deep appreciation for those who cherished his work. The imprint of his compassion will forever reside in the hearts of those fortunate to have crossed paths with him.

Brian had a deep love for Star Wars, Mucha, Whiskey, Halloween, photo booths, puns, and, above all, his beloved fiancé, Andria. These passions ignited his artistic imagination and brought immeasurable joy to his life. As a celebrated rock poster artist, illustrator, and tattooer, Brian's unique style and creative brilliance captivated music fans worldwide. His contributions to the art world will inspire generations to come.

In memory of Brian, we invite you to join us in making a life-saving difference. By donating blood, you can honor his legacy and contribute to a cause that truly impacts lives. Your generosity will reflect Brian's dedication to nurturing others. Together, let's extend his spirit of compassion and make a positive impact on those in need. Give the gift of life through blood donation today.

A memorial service to celebrate Brian's extraordinary life and artistic achievements will be announced at a later date. Friends, fans, and loved ones are invited to gather and honor his memory, sharing their stories of how his presence touched their lives.

We extend our deepest condolences to all who were fortunate enough to have known Brian. May his spirit forever illuminate our hearts, and may his art continue to inspire, reminding us of the power of passion and limitless creativity.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,430
    I read that it was late stage colon cancer. Be sure to get your colonoscopies done. Might be a life saver.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    RIP damn 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    RIP...very sad.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    RIP
  • RIP

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,759
    I could have sworn it was posted here back in April 
    I miss igotid88
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 397
    I met him here in Columbus via his then burgeoning tattoo career, but I was a really big fan of rock posters and his work. He hooked me up with a very special Green Day print and we talked tons about gif posters and his process, working for Pearl Jam, Metallica, etc. He later gave me my second ever tattoo. He had great stories and really emanates kindness whenever you saw him. He will be missed by many but man I’ll miss seeing him at the tattoo shop and at shows around town. Rest in Power. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    Gone way too soon. RIP, Brian