Options

So I decided not to join the new band

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i think.

i feel bad cause ive kind of led the guy on, but in the end it will probably be best to be honest with him now. I thought i would enjoy jamming with them. but upon furhter though, its just not something im really excited in, excited enough to make sacrifices in my life...which needs to happen to be in a successfull band. i just started a new job, have a girlfriend, all which i would probably sacrifiice alot of my time if i was really interested and excited. upon jamming along to a few of their songs, i thought at first it would be fun to solo along etc..and add that. but, as far as song structures, writing...its not very interesting to me, too poppy. too predictable (not saying wayside is all of those things!)

one song i would like to get in and lay a tasty solo down, but other than that...the songs are the same. and just not my thing, but im sure iw ould have fun...for a bit....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    You gotta look out for the long run. I'm sure lots of people would have fun palying with just about any band for a while.

You have to make sure you have serious interest in something like that. Especially when it's gonna cause damage to other parts of your life.

So whats up with the current band. You still with them?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    i hope so. the drummer is out east finishing up his last semester at school. we left things kind of uncertain, singer wants to start a new band, drummer might come back and drum for johnny langs sister...if youve heard of him, blues guitarist from the twin cities. bass player, well he always plays in other bands. but, alot of issues have come up, hopefullwe will stick around cause i think we are just starting to get much better!

but thinks have been on edge over issues about our singer! so who knows, maybe these 3 or 4 months off will coolthings up a bit and get ready to fire up the engines again!
  • Options
    well i emailed them yesterday....to break the new to them (im sure they were heart broken!) but seriously, i havent heard back..and usually he would email about 5 times a day...

hmmm. looks like i really pissed some people off...