Options

Christopher Nolan

We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 460
edited July 2023 in All Encompassing Trip
Thoughts?

He is, far & away, my favorite director, & "Inception" is my favorite movie of all time.

My local Alamo Drafthouse is showing his movies in anticipation of "Oppenheimer" in a few weeks, and I'm seeing "Inception" later today. I can't fucking wait to watch it on the big screen again.

I've seen and liked/loved all of his stuff, but I gotta give "Tenet" another shot. Watched it in a theater with a mask on during the pandemic, not ideal.

True story:

I have a totem that I used to spin all the time. Years ago, at work, I spun it one day, and it spun for a bit, then it slowed down, and came to a complete stop. Stood STRAIGHT up.
May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
Post edited by We All Believe on

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,155
    Tenet was a little tricky to follow but very creative story and Interstellar was great.
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 460
    Tenet was a little tricky to follow but very creative story and Interstellar was great.
    Loved Interstellar. Might be my second fav of his. Was on the fence about McConaughey at first, but he got it done. He was great.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Can't wait for the new movie. It's been a long time since I watched both Inception & Interstellar - might have to change that this weekend!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,226
    I like how he focuses on 1 project at a time, he’s defiantly a master of his craft. Enjoy all his films, I got 70mm Imax Lincoln Square tix for Oppenheimer in a few weeks… it looks great as well as scary with all the nuclear saber rattling going on

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552
    mfc2006 said:
    Can't wait for the new movie. It's been a long time since I watched both Inception & Interstellar - might have to change that this weekend!
    I've probably seen Interstellar at least 5 times.  Love that movie and the score.  I don't think I've got the mental energy to try to watch Inception a second time. Great movie for sure.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,253
    Nolan does amazing work. Ever since Memento, I've loved his films. The Prestige is another great one. It's amazing what he gets out of the actors in each of his films. Williams, Pacino, Bale, Ledger, McConaughy, Murphy, Pearce and Dicaprio gave some of their best performances in his movies. Although I'd say the actress leads aren't usually quite as strong and uneven.

I've probably seen Inception 5 times and I recall watching Instellar at least 3 times in the first few months it came out on DVD. Perfect films.
    It's a hopeless situation...