Is This A Tremolo being used here??

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    What song? there are 5 samples :confused:
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
    You mean In Like the Rose right?

Yeah I think that's a tremolo. Could be a delay, but I doubt it b/c the number of 'repeats' changes during the sung part.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    ya like a rose...

track 4

i thought that was the exact link...

thats a sweet sound, and i want to play with it...
    Tremolo's are cool. It's the kind of effect you don't use that often but want to have lying around. I thought about selling my TR2 cause i dont use it very much, but I know i'd miss it and want another one.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Originally posted by pariah
    Tremolo's are cool. It's the kind of effect you don't use that often but want to have lying around. I thought about selling my TR2 cause i dont use it very much, but I know i'd miss it and want another one.

how do you like the TR2 i was looking into getting one...

its a boss, good price...hows it sound? versatile? etc?
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    A friend of mine uses a LOT of tremolo, and he's got a TR-2. He likes the sound quality, but he hates the signal loss when it's engaged. He's looking at having Keeley (http://www.robertkeeley.com) modify his with a volume pot:

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=26

I'd be really interested to know what that soundclip had on it for an effect... it's either a pretty radical tremolo, a well-timed delay, or a sequencer/looper sort of effect.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Originally posted by 62strat
    how do you like the TR2 i was looking into getting one...

its a boss, good price...hows it sound? versatile? etc?

Sounds pretty good; mine's not so bad on the signal loss, though there definitely is some, so a volume knob would not be a bad idea. The waveform knob (square-->triangle) makes it very versatile; it can do the effect you hear on the sound clip. If you're really planning on using a lot of tremolo, you should also check out the Voodoo Lab tremolo and see if you can justify the price difference. Another option would be the EH Pulsar, though I'm curious why it got so hyped.

BTW the Keeley TR-2 mod is SO DAMN UGLY. Pedal estethics are not high on my priority list but God it's like Frankentrem.