What to do in Austin?

robbierobbie Posts: 883
I'm getting in on the 17th. With PJ playing the 18th and 19t, I obviously need something to do on the 17th. Until a few days ago, it looked like my only choices were Sting at the Moody Center, and a soccer game between Austin and Portland. Macy Gray is playing a club pretty close to my hotel, so I'm probably going to grab a $49 ticket to that. Any Wishlist pee show parties? I also hear it is worth it to watch the bats fly out from under the bridge. Mabey some tacos or BBQ???

Comments

• jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    Gotta go to the white horse 
  • robbierobbie Posts: 883
    Sorry! "Wishlist PRE show parties"
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC Posts: 340
    Glad you corrected the type of party you are looking for :-)

there are many smaller clubs with local music that may be more of an Austin experience than Macy Gray.  That’s my thinking/plan.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    They have 3 Dennys that are open 24 hours. Start there.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • 24 hour Dennys are good for Pee Show Partys as well
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • armyfanarmyfan Posts: 342
    Check out 6th street, head to driftwood for the salt lick and maybe check out zilker Park. And by all means, have a blast!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,177
    Do they have a water park you might need it as hot as it’s going to be 😅 Tejas is burning up 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    It's Austin there is literally nothing to do.

No great restaurants 
    No awesome  breweries 
    No fantastic riverside running trails
    No hiking in the hills

It sucks
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,780
    Thats funny!  I go to Austin every year in October. And truthfully I end up eating the same things every time.  Curras grill for breakfast and Perlas for dinner. Maybe a pie from home slice. Maybe the omelettry. Franklins is worth the effort if you have time but it is expensive!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Eat, drink and be merry!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,755
    Get_Right said:
    Thats funny!  I go to Austin every year in October. And truthfully I end up eating the same things every time.  Curras grill for breakfast and Perlas for dinner. Maybe a pie from home slice. Maybe the omelettry. Franklins is worth the effort if you have time but it is expensive!
    All great choices. Try Clark’s next time if you like Perla’s. Same ownership. I’m a big fan of Home Slice as well and the Italian sub there is my favorite sandwich in town. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 195
    Comedy Mothership.
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 Posts: 899

Terry Black's Barbecue

• devonfzdevonfz Posts: 167
    Eat bbq … stand in merch line… get hammered… Pearl Jam!!!!!   Repeat!!!!!