Mint Green "vintage" Pickguard - 62 sunburst strat?

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
What do you all think of this gimmick? i bougght the pickguard, that vintage looking mint green color pickgaurd, neve rput it on...thinking about doing it? kind of ugly, kind of not cool? kind of fun? lame?

thoughts?

and should my fender decal be peeling off? or starting to peel off a little bit?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I like the mint green. It compliments the gun oil and sunburst.

Cream is another favorite but I've always liked the mint green 3 layer.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    well just put it on.what afuckign hassle sometimes. all those little rubber, whateve ryou call them to help hold the screws in for the pickups...its liek fucking surgery...

but yea, it looks really good. better than i thought. def rings out the burst in it more, both on the finish and the headstock...looks great...

especially with the white knobs and pickups etc...

the only hting im somewhat worried about is on the original pickgaurd , they had put on some sort of tin foil, glued around the selector and knobs on the under side of the pickgaurd....

to reduce noise im sure, but the new pickgaurd doesnt have it...

havent noticed any substantial changes or noise problems so...
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it's shielding to reduce noise but honestly they do such a pathethic job of shielding guitars in the first place that i doubt you'll notice a difference.