Contemplating This Purchase

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Event hough i dont need any of these.

but do we REALLY need any of this stuff we buy??

anyways, adding to my collection...i might stop off at the store tonight to pick up a boss tremolo, and a dunlop rotovibe...

to add to my

mxr phase 90, boss dm 2 delay, boss cs 2, ts 808, ts10dx, 535qwah, and sonic distortion...

unless of course anyone says i would be wasting my time and money..

the reviews seem to be favorable on harmoy central...

again im not looking for top of the line trem or vibe...

thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yeah screw all the effects, and just play right thru the amp. Honestly I'm joking with you, even though I prefer to have no effect, maybe a wah.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    ya i used tobe the same way...

untill i got effects...

oh gosh. i dont overuse...

mmmmmmmm. maybe sometimes i do. ive got a nice rig going for myself.
    not very punk rock but...oh well
  • Originally posted by All Those Yesterdays
    Yeah screw all the effects, and just play right thru the amp. Honestly I'm joking with you, even though I prefer to have no effect, maybe a wah.

Your battery bill probably adds up to one of my first guitars I ever bought.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

Originally posted by All Those Yesterdays
    Your battery bill probably adds up to one of my first guitars I ever bought.

true. but ive purchased a pedal board and it all runs off my DC Brick, havent purchased a battery in quite some time!
    picke dup the boss tr 2 tremolo pedal...

Love it. so glad i purchased it. its a boss, so i THINK its quite reliable and sturdy. a nice range of trem sounds i was able to get from it, upon firs tnight of use...

gonna come in handy, i cant wait to get in with the band and use this baby. many things i can do to color the sound, will be usefull for me..creates a whole different atmosphere...

fucking love it!
  • Originally posted by 62strat
    true. but ive purchased a pedal board and it all runs off my DC Brick, havent purchased a battery in quite some time!

Sweet, Tremolo is one of the best effects ever (in my view). Its strange for such a simple effect how much it changes when varying between different pedals, and then on old amps.

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the rotovibe wouldn't have been worth it.

i like the TR-2. even though mine died after too many surgeries. that was my fault though.
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    mxr phase 90, boss dm 2 delay, boss cs 2, ts 808, ts10dx, 535qwah, and sonic distortion...

sweet effects, mike mccready ;)

Mostly anyway

good times. tremelo kicks ass
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World