New - Never Before Seen image of Mookie Blaylock from Seattle photographer JA Andersen

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181

nehistripesseattle -

New - Never Before Seen image of Mookie Blaylock from Seattle photographer JA Andersen. I came across her gorgeous photo of Mia Zapata in The Gits group I belong to - then I saw the link to the website - then clicked….. I was lost in her moody black & white - Time Machine, a grand stand to my past….. and many of yours.

Below is what’s noted on the website about Mookie Blaylock (later known as Pearl Jam):

Mookie Blaylock Members: Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Jeff Ament, Dave Krusen
Pearl Jam played its first US tour under the moniker Mookie Blaylock, named after an NBA point guard. It was their only tour with original drummer Dave Krusen, who left after the recording of their debut album, Ten. Ament remembers: “We were about to go on a tour and still didn't have a name and needed one quickly…just something for the tour. Someone saw the Mookie Blaylock [basketball] card and said, ‘How about Mookie Blaylock?' We decided to go with it and did a 10-show tour with Alice in Chains as Mookie Blaylock. Mookie was cool about it, too—he didn't sue us.” (The Missoulan; 2008) •

Gallery showing of her images: Bygones: The Show ~ June 10 - August 10 ~ Sleight of Hand Cellars//SODO; 3861G 1st Avenue South; Seattle, WA 98134 (map) Check Sleight of Hands SODO’s website for days and hours: sofhcellars.com

Hoping to catch her photography in the upcoming weeks with Kurt @nehistripesphoto
————————————————
#nehistripesseattle #jaandersen #bygonephotos #mookieblaylock #mikemccready #1990s #stonegossard #davekrusen #jeffament #eddievedder #timemachine

Comments