More than likely new band name...ha

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
wayside

may now be known as...

cat prom

haha. i didnt htink of it. but its kind of funny, kind of punk, kind of rock, kind of stupid, not normal, not taken...

haha. cats in tuxedos. its great.

not official, but..what are your thoughts?
i laugh everytime.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
    its weird
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Originally posted by PJamGrunge10
    its weird

yes. very.
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    its a cool name, but it kinda says "opening act" IMO. But still very cool. Actually now thatt i think about it, I think I like "prom cat" better, switching the original order. Kinda an intriguing idea, a cat thats only purpose is the prom. What does that mean anyway haha
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm not sure about this one... sorry.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Please! you can't come up with something better than that. Sounds like something you heard a child say and thought it was cool. Think again.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    on Reno 911 last night they thought up a great band name...

it was actually described as "wicked awesome"

Death Leprechaun (sp?)

I laughed for several hours.
    There's No Code.
    "the protruding manholes"
  • GouletGoulet Posts: 918
    I still say it should be The Cat Prom
    or First to Four...in Under Sixty...Seconds...Gears...Dig-it
    Oh stop it. At least be honest with 62strat.

How many of you think, - cat prom, The Cat Prom or Prom Cat - all sound like its a name for a "chick" band? Almost forgot "cats in tuxedos" nice name for a male stripper group.

62strat your so much better than these names.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    I will be in a band named Davey Ruax and the Gunslingers

Mark my words...

We will play Rock 'n' Roll and have a Southern tinge to things...

Think The Black Crowes meet Skynard...
    There's No Code.
    Originally posted by House53
    I will be in a band named Davey Ruax and the Gunslingers

Mark my words...

We will play Rock 'n' Roll and have a Southern tinge to things...

Think The Black Crowes meet Skynard...

Seeing that St. Louis is like the crossroad to the west, not a bad choice.
    i'm going to use the name "minorlith".
    see, i think ou guys are frigthened at how bad it is..which makes it sooo good.

i think the reasoning behind us probably using it is...

we arent serious guys. we arent cool. we arent trying to be something we are not and have some deep hidden, spiritual awakening meaning behind it. its stupid. its kind of punk (maybe even chick!! but we are dudes) and it is a stupid name. but its funny, cause its so bad...

not like our music is a jke, and we want to be ajoke..but we are who we are. a bunch of idiots who used to all play sports in high school and a bit of college..but no just like to rock and play, write music..

so i think it kind of fits.
    Originally posted by 62strat
    see, i think ou guys are frigthened at how bad it is..which makes it sooo good.

i think the reasoning behind us probably using it is...

we arent serious guys. we arent cool. we arent trying to be something we are not and have some deep hidden, spiritual awakening meaning behind it. its stupid. its kind of punk (maybe even chick!! but we are dudes) and it is a stupid name. but its funny, cause its so bad...

not like our music is a jke, and we want to be ajoke..but we are who we are. a bunch of idiots who used to all play sports in high school and a bit of college..but no just like to rock and play, write music..

so i think it kind of fits.

The name still doesn't fit. However, given your explanation, a more fitting name might be "puppies".
    Originally posted by puremagic
    The name still doesn't fit. However, given your explanation, a more fitting name might be "puppies".

well we also kicked around...

The Burn ( iknow you folks hate THE bands...)
    Paegan Love Doll

i prefer the latter...
    Ok 62strat, here's a name that not only has "cat" in it. It fits your explanation of who you all are and why. Its funny and I'd pay to go see a band with that name just out of curiosity.

"look what the cat drug in"
    Ok 62strat, here's a name that not only has "cat" in it. It fits your explanation of who you all are and why. Its funny and I'd pay to go see a band with that name just out of curiosity.

"look what the cat drug in"

oh good god, no.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    oh good god, no.

maybe if we were a poison tribute band...haha. hmm, that doesnt sound sooo bad. haha, ya right:)
    "we're cyanide. a loving tribute to poison"
    62strat, its good to see you have a sense of humor about this.

ex, people might get offended by the word god. How about

Oh, No! Not Them!
    62strat, its good to see you have a sense of humor about this.

ex, people might get offended by the word god. How about

Oh, No! Not Them!

well music is suppose to tbe the most enjoyable thing in the world for me so...you gots to have a sense of humour...

theres aband called "oh my god"....and seriously, they are fucking amazing..from chicago...highly recommend checccking them out..

i like paegan love doll
    "paegan love doll" is terrible.
    "paegan love doll" is terrible.

ahhhhhhh your killing me snell!
    "burn" was cool though. i like "burn".
    a great band name...

The Ruckus... oh wait, that's my band :D
    There's No Code.
    "burn" was cool though. i like "burn".

ya i do too, only problem is, on bandname.com...theres already like 6 of them! damnit
    Originally posted by House53
    a great band name...

The Ruckus... oh wait, that's my band :D

Aren't you, davey and the Gunslingers? Or are you now in two different bands.
    how about...

carlos and the hussys??

haha
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    if you were all jocks in highschool, how about this name.

the jockstraps!

it's funny, part of each of your pasts, kind of punky.

don't know saw your reply to puremagic explaining your backgrounds, and it popped in my head.
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • GouletGoulet Posts: 918
    seriously, stick with The Cat Prom...If you don't I'm going to steal it and change my name to The Cat Prom and I have a very good name...I will also copyright and trademark all that is The Cat Prom...trust me you'll be HUGE

The Cat Prom, comin' atcha!