So, Wayside Does The Doors This weekend

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
my band will be doing a "tribute to the doors" this saturday night at the fineline. should be alot of fun. 7 bands, each get 30 minute sets. we go on 2nd to last.

will be alot of fun, i went to a replacements tribute show, same type of deal and had a blast. and we are really looking forward to be a part of this doors tribute.

we are playing

people are strange
peace frog
20th century fox
unkown soldier
break on through

gonna be fun to playing differently than i usually do, less effects, overdrive , sans blues driver for a few parts...will be another way to play on stage i suppose...been alot of fun rehearsing!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Nice...:)

I'd really like to play Queen of the Highway and LA Woman... and Shaman's Blues... and 5 to 1.. And... And....
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    ha, very true. at firs tiw asnt too excited about peace frog, 20th century fox....

but theyve turned outto be my favorite doors songs!
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    your band is pretty damn cool. Your singer's definetly got the voice to do Morrison :)
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    hey thanks.

hes actually really excited to be able to do it. cause shit we play, hes got a real tough time being able to sing how he is suppose to (lack of experience of coursE) but since morrison is in his range, and jim already layed the groundwork..he can pull it off pretty well...