Urgent - MIG or anyone

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
so i called savage audio to discuss my blown fuse.

he said i would be stupid to not bring it in and get it looked at. and if i put in a new fuse, it will blow again. i need to find the cause for why the fuse blew in the first place and it will inevitably do it again..real soon...

is he full of shit? i probably should huh...FUCK!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nope, he's right on.

you've got a problem that caused your fuse to blow. There's a shitload of things it could be in there. It could have just been a power surge on the outlet that would be good or it could be something internal which is bad.

Fuses blow to protect the amp from further damage. You need to have it checked out.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    ya, i dropped it off.

i have a show friday night. so that sucks. they said they would look at it and see if they can get it to me by friday without playing hte "hurry up" charge since its been in there so many times int he past 2 years or so...

hopefully it works out and they fix thep roblem. i just have no idea anymore. ive replaced the tubes , preamp, power amp, circuits etc...but something always goes wrong...

too bad i love this amp...

dont know what else iw ould get...

i think i may just look into getting a new fender twin..less wattage...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by 62strat
    ya, i dropped it off.

i have a show friday night. so that sucks. they said they would look at it and see if they can get it to me by friday without playing hte "hurry up" charge since its been in there so many times int he past 2 years or so...

hopefully it works out and they fix thep roblem. i just have no idea anymore. ive replaced the tubes , preamp, power amp, circuits etc...but something always goes wrong...

too bad i love this amp...

dont know what else iw ould get...

i think i may just look into getting a new fender twin..less wattage...

see if you can rent an amp from them or Willies for friday night.

You know you could look into a Super Reverb or a Twin even the Twin Custom 15" would suit you well. The new twins are switchable to 25 watts and they are quite versatile especially if you swap the rather bright eminance's for some vintage 30's.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    ill take a look into those other fender, super reverb and twin def...

they shoudl give me a call later today or early tomorrow and if they will fix it then ill be good..if not ill ask them to rent something..but i dont believe they do that..they have a huge storage area of a shitload of vintage amps..not for sale or anyhting..personal colelction...i drool everytime..not to mention all te savates sitting around....

il talk to willies...where i purchased this twin in the first place..those fuckers. great store
  • Like everything else, fuses can fail. Sounds like you have replaced just about everything on that amp already.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Well, sounds like it's already taken care of...

My general rule of thumb on fuses is this: If you blow one, replace it. If it blows again within a few weeks, get it checked out. Fuses do blow on occasion... but if you blow two in a row, that means something is wrong. It could indicate a small short somewhere, or maybe like Paco said, it could've been a little power-surge. If you had it cranked up pretty loud, it could've just failed because it was too hot. Just think: lightbulbs blow every once in a while, and a fuse is about the same (mechanically) as a lightbulb. And they usually pop when they're hot.

I would've just replaced it and jammed on it for a while, but if it's already in the shop, it's being taken care of.

Post an update if you find anything out...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.