A reocurring theme in my dreams

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok, i dream alot about playing music, playing guitar,playing shows etc...you know, im sure yall do too.
Well, i would say about 95% of the time, my dreams is comprised of me playing with my band, or a band or whatever...with gloves on my hands. and i can't play, or i can't seem to plug all my pedals in, the whole dream will consist of me not being able to play the song, and the band charging on either because i have big gloves on my hands or cant plug in all my pedals and get them to work. except last night, i played, but near the end of the dream gloves were on my hands...but i was still playing. nuts i tell you. any idea? its kind of annoying! let me rock out damnit. i suppose it also happens if i have a hockey dream, i can never get my equipment on in time or find all my gear...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think everyone has those types of dreams. The classic anxiety dream of turning up naked in front of everyone. My particular one is going out to particular places with nothing but my bedcovers around me and when I realise I just feel incredibly stupid.

Or.. maybe.. you and me are simply insane! ;)
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • I have them to but for me its that my legs dont work right. I'll be trying to run to get something fast but I can never move my legs to run only walk and sometimes crawl, kind of freaks me out.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Usually In my dreams its somebody else taking over my spot in the band, singing my songs, and I'll be stuck out in the audience screaming....NOOooo!!
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • i wish my reoccuring dreams were like that. mine scare the crap out of me. every once in awhile ill have a dream were i wake up in bed. and this demon/devil/evil presence stands next to my bed. i never look at it cause i can feel it. then it just leaves after a minute or so and i fall a sleep. now that i am asleep in this dream i try to wake myself. only to wake up for real. something un-nerving about this thing whispering my name trying to wake me, just to wake for real. maybe i shouldnt have done all that id sell my soul to the devil, or if he was real id like to see what he could really do.
    Dude, I know EXACTLY what you mean. I was on the road this weekend in a hotel and I don't know if I was dreaming or not, but I "think" I woke up and there was a ghost's head laying on the pillow next to me staring at me with evil eyes...it scared the sh*t out of me...it kinda looked like the soundman from the gig! I "think" I punched it as hard as I could and fell back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I was glad that my girl "friend" was sleeping on the other side of the bed. Had I not been dreaming and I did punch this thing I saw, I would have hit her right in the head!!....and I swung at this thing hard!!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    The dream symbol book I have says: " being aware of gloves in a dream often represents some way in which we are hiding our abilities from people around us."

And:

"Spiritually, since hands may be representative of our creativity, gloves can symbolize the need to protect our creative ability. They may also be an impediment to full creative expression."
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • nailz100 wrote:
    ...I "think" I woke up and there was a ghost's head laying on the pillow next to me staring at me with evil eyes...it scared the sh*t out of me...it kinda looked like the soundman from the gig! I "think" I punched it as hard as I could and fell back to sleep.

That's it, I'm not helping you look for speakers anymore.

I'm a soundman.

...punch ME as hard as you can, will ya...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Hahaha...thats hilarious. I'd definately say that the ghost head had a resemblence to the soundman. Maybe its just my way of telling me I secretly don't like soundmen......Pa...Pa....please help me in my speaker search...haha
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    justam wrote:
    The dream symbol book I have says: " being aware of gloves in a dream often represents some way in which we are hiding our abilities from people around us."

And:

"Spiritually, since hands may be representative of our creativity, gloves can symbolize the need to protect our creative ability. They may also be an impediment to full creative expression."

hmm, so in other words...im holding back? innnaresting...
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    62strat wrote:
    hmm, so in other words...im holding back? innnaresting...

That's what it seems like. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Well, I've never had the "gloves on while playing a gig" dream, but that's probably because I haven't ever played a gig....(yet?). But I HAVE had the Hockey dream that 62Strat mentioned. I always used to have that the night/week before a big game, where I got there and forgot my skates or something very important and was totally bummed. Weird stuff, but I think it's just part of human nature (esp. anxiety) as someone mentioned before. I guess I can't complain because, really, at least I'm not dreaming of ghosts and demons....(my condolences to those who are). Crazy stuff I tell ya!!
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • I've never really experienced stage anxiety... even at the bigger shows (up to 800 people, so still smaller) or opening for bigger bands (Pedro the Lion, so still smaller). So I've never experienced any sort of bad dreams...

I did have one cool musician-related dream... I was watching Pearl Jam soundcheck here in Missoula (I work in concerts, so I do that a lot) and they started playing a song that sounded really familiar, and after a minute I realized they were playing one of my songs. And it sounded good, and after soundcheck I went up to Jeff and thanked him. Kind of a cool dream... my subconscious must like me.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.