I want yall to hear the new songs!

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok so its a rough mix, hasnt actually been mixed at all mastered etc...and no vocals...ha...

but id like to post them for you all to hear and give some feedback. ANy free hosting sites? or would anyone care to do it for me?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i can hook you up.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    http://www.myspace.com/shanghaisubway

thanks!

let me know if it works...and let me know what ya think!

again, not mix/mastered...and no vocals...

very different than wayside, thats for sure. have other tunes as well...
  • nifty

i dig it. what parts are you playing..rythm, lead, both?

anyways, it's really cool...can't wait to hear it complete!
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    nifty

i dig it. what parts are you playing..rythm, lead, both?

anyways, it's really cool...can't wait to hear it complete!

thanks!

ive got the tremolo pedal going...the lead part is the other guitarist, and then both of us for the post chorus harmonized riff...

very interesting, but i love the song...very cool.
    curious to see if any of you enjoyed it:)!

thanks

sorry for the shameless bump
  • 62strat wrote:

thanks

i'm enjoying it, again, right now!
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • 62strat wrote:

thanks

yeah sounds cool, still able to get me tix for your show on friday? i pmed ya but didn't get a response. i'll probably make it either way but the comp would be cool. thanks man
    yeah sounds cool, still able to get me tix for your show on friday? i pmed ya but didn't get a response. i'll probably make it either way but the comp would be cool. thanks man

yea! srry i didnt write ya back, im mailing out the tickets today!

thank you
  • 62strat wrote:
    yea! srry i didnt write ya back, im mailing out the tickets today!

thank you

no prob, THANK YOU!
  • Hey,

Sounds pretty cool. SO you play the riff that starts first right? And he plays the funky sounding riff? Could you list the effects you guys are using? Thereare some really nice guitar tones in this song. The lead tone for the solo is really nice and smooth eh.

But yah sounds pretty good. I'd be interersted to find out what kinda vocals go over such a funky sounding tune.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
    Hey,

Sounds pretty cool. SO you play the riff that starts first right? And he plays the funky sounding riff? Could you list the effects you guys are using? Thereare some really nice guitar tones in this song. The lead tone for the solo is really nice and smooth eh.

But yah sounds pretty good. I'd be interersted to find out what kinda vocals go over such a funky sounding tune.

thanks!

im using the boss tremelo the entire time..sans chorus, although im thinking that i might just layer the guitar with tremelo the entire time and put another guitar over the chorus sans tremelo...

the other guitarist is using i believe his mxr phase 90 and boss digital reverb/delay pedal. He's got a very cool tone with his equipment

the vocals hold it al together nicely, he stays away from a funky sounding vocals, really holds it together nicely...

thanks for listening!
  • covincovin Posts: 42
    That sounds very cool; it's got a great swing to it--there are so many melodies that could work for it, too. I really like the chorus--the first verse seemed a little long, though.
    covin wrote:
    That sounds very cool; it's got a great swing to it--there are so many melodies that could work for it, too. I really like the chorus--the first verse seemed a little long, though.

yea, sans vocals it seems the first verse is pretty long. he doesnt come in till about..i dont know the second measure come full band...it works well when he's singing, lets it groove for a bit.

again, thanks for listening!

that lead line over the tremelo...i can never get it out of my head...

sorry if im tooting my own bands horn here, i am just really excited with this song.