Really Excited About an upcoming show!

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Playing with a band called "like hell". they are on josh hommes record label, were voted in kerrang as a band that will "rule in 2004" ha...and have shared the stage with beck, soul asylum, iggy pop, queens of the stoneage, the cult, motorhead!

should be a really exciting evening. the club was beyond gracious in getting us this show. originally we were not going to be paid much and not get any comps because this is LIke hell's show and they have a contract etc and will be getting most of the money, we discussed with the club owner who books us and since weve always been real good to thema nd vice versa, worked out a deal that she could give us 250 comps and 200 bucks. well we gave her the money backand just took the comps. as for getting people out there is most important and having bodies in the building.

So yea, kickass band, great lineup, great time slot and i love playing with the band and especially at this club!such a great opportunity...got some spinal tap ready for it:) possible talking heads and our nice new catologue of originals..for those of you that have heard wayside...it is quite a bit different, ok not THAT much different but the drummer is a hell of a musician and the other guitar player is...fanfuckingtastic and will be going ot berkely in BOston for music in a month here...so it will end short, which is good to not let it go beyond anything more and end up hating playing again. The songs are great, more to come etc etc...

can you tell im excited?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• when/where/what time....and of course: 18+?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    when/where/what time....and of course: 18+?

Friday April 22nd, fineline downtown minneapolis...

and of course...21+
  • i'll try and make that
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    62strat wrote:
    Playing with a band called "like hell". they are on josh hommes record label, were voted in kerrang as a band that will "rule in 2004" ha...and have shared the stage with beck, soul asylum, iggy pop, queens of the stoneage, the cult, motorhead!

should be a really exciting evening. the club was beyond gracious in getting us this show. originally we were not going to be paid much and not get any comps because this is LIke hell's show and they have a contract etc and will be getting most of the money, we discussed with the club owner who books us and since weve always been real good to thema nd vice versa, worked out a deal that she could give us 250 comps and 200 bucks. well we gave her the money backand just took the comps. as for getting people out there is most important and having bodies in the building.

So yea, kickass band, great lineup, great time slot and i love playing with the band and especially at this club!such a great opportunity...got some spinal tap ready for it:) possible talking heads and our nice new catologue of originals..for those of you that have heard wayside...it is quite a bit different, ok not THAT much different but the drummer is a hell of a musician and the other guitar player is...fanfuckingtastic and will be going ot berkely in BOston for music in a month here...so it will end short, which is good to not let it go beyond anything more and end up hating playing again. The songs are great, more to come etc etc...

can you tell im excited?

Very cool. I really miss the anticipation before a big show like that.

I am thinking it is time for me to start getting somethings together for a project of some kind. I need to get out and play/sing. It's in my soul.

Let us know how it goes.
    There's No Code.
    i'll try and make that

for sure! let me know, ill get you some comp tickets
  • 62strat wrote:
    for sure! let me know, ill get you some comp tickets

cool cool, how should i go about getting them
    cool cool, how should i go about getting them

just let me know where to send them! and how many you need