New Song, Please listen!

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.myspace.com/shanghaisubway

this is my favorite tune, i believe i posted the instrumental (and posted this at AET) but for the folks who havent heard it with vox yet here ya go! let me know what ya think, very different than previous songs we've written. This is the rough mix and hasnt been mastered yet or anything....thats soon to come...

let me know. thanks!

and if anyone cares, im using a fender twin reverb II with gibson SG with the shannon overdrive, boss tremolo for effect

other guitarist has a les paul, fender deville 4x12, and i believe he is just using his phase and wah, perhaps his univibe as well...

just added:

Stairs - more of a typical "wayside" rock song. Very cool, love the lead lines in this one and has a cool beat.
Love Downtown - i suppose this one is our bar rock song. Cool. nothing special
Rings - ha, ummm...10 minutes...this one was for the band to have some fun on. and fun we did....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    62strat wrote:
    http://www.mypsace.com/shanghaisubway

this is my favorite tune, i believe i posted the instrumental (and posted this at AET) but for the folks who havent heard it with vox yet here ya go! let me know what ya think, very different than previous songs we've written. This is the rough mix and hasnt been mastered yet or anything....thats soon to come...

let me know. thanks!

and if anyone cares, im using a fender twin reverb II with gibson SG with the shannon overdrive, boss tremolo for effect

other guitarist has a les paul, fender deville 4x12, and i believe he is just using his phase and wah, perhaps his univibe as well...

Linkie no workie...
    There's No Code.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    House53 wrote:
    Linkie no workie...

try now?

let me know...grazi
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    amazing vocals.... cant say its really my style of music, but again, amazing vocals:)
    amazing vocals.... cant say its really my style of music, but again, amazing vocals:)

well thanks! ill tel lhim you said so:)

its very different than stuff we've written in the past, thats for sure!
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Posts: 2,011
    Not bad 62strat! I like the guitar effects...cool sounds.

Here's a song I did with a band a couple of years ago, just found the link today in my Yahoo! briefcase. Had forgotten all about it. I'm on the drums of course. The song is called "ABC-123". (No...it's not the Jackson 5 song!) Enjoy.

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/3e7000be_m41957b0e/bc/Music/ABC+-+123+(MP3).mp3?bfuKbzCBDJ4G8YBj
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • DirtLikeMeDirtLikeMe Posts: 91
    Sounds pretty good. Although not music I would buy, I like the effects on the guitar - and I wish the energy during the beginning of the break would have lasted onger; it went too fast back into the intro stuff:)
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
  • 62strat- that sounds awesome! the interplay between the 2 guitars is really cool. good song.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.
    hey thanks guys!

should i put up another one?

our 9 minute pink floyd/zepp tribute?

or something else?
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Not bad 62....I really like the funky guitars, not too keen on the snare sound though. Overall the band is not my style, but definately something I would watch while drinking a beer....nice tune. Cheers
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    nailz100 wrote:
    Not bad 62....I really like the funky guitars, not too keen on the snare sound though. Overall the band is not my style, but definately something I would watch while drinking a beer....nice tune. Cheers

work on the snare eh?

cool, it hasnt been mixed at all nor mastered so ill keep that in mind...

added two more songs....check em out please:)
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Yeah, don't get me wrong.....overall I think it is a very strong song
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    nailz100 wrote:
    Yeah, don't get me wrong.....overall I think it is a very strong song

no i appreciate it! thats why i put them up here, for some other musician feedback....

grazi.

i put a couple more up, check em out of youd like.
  • i quite like it..

i think the bass needs to control that main riff though (verse/intro).. needs a bit more life or maybe just volume..

reminds me a little of Ghost Song by the doors (i loooooooove that song)

:cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    damn dude, i really like all three songs. vocals remind me of mark lannigan, especially on "stairs". sounds honest - not a cheap knockoff. instruments, groove and lyrics are all right on.

i invited you to be my myspace friend.

hmmm... alice in chains meets the doors??? ...i dunno... its rock and roll, i know that. rock on, man!
  • Yah, the vocals are strong for sure. Not as astrong as the wicked guitar funk though.

Good song indeed.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day