Give Way production numbers…

DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Posts: 2,572
edited May 2023 in The Porch
I’m curious if anyone has any different information on this because from what I can gather there were more vinyl copies pressed than cd which would inadvertently make the cd copies rarer?

Got my cd from 10C yesterday and loving it! I especially appreciate the touch of having the original’s packaging included in the mosaic!

Edit: Personally I think it would be kind of cool if the cds were less prevalent than the vinyl because of Give Way’s origin story, lol. Equally though I don’t fault anyone for not wanting to leave money on the table, lol.
"The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
Post edited by DarthMaeglin on

Comments

• matt3846matt3846 Posts: 156
    From recordstoreday.com

The CD was an “RSD First” which I believe means it will be getting a wider release later.

I think what we do not know is the number of 10Club variants that were pressed and was that in addition to or a subset of the 15,500 cited by RSD.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Posts: 2,572
    matt3846 said:
    From recordstoreday.com

The CD was an “RSD First” which I believe means it will be getting a wider release later.

I think what we do not know is the number of 10Club variants that were pressed and was that in addition to or a subset of the 15,500 cited by RSD.
    I did see the RSD first designation for the cds, maybe I’m just being impatient since I haven’t seen anything about a wider release yet. Not regularly participating in RSD I don’t really know the protocols and norms, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Maybe any digital version is considered?  It is streaming, so would the cd supercede that?  It was notnon tidal until a week or so later than RSD
  • matt3846matt3846 Posts: 156
    It’s interesting that EasyStreet got more stock of both versions and still have them available.
    Does that mean some were held back from RSD or more were pressed already?
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
    matt3846 said:
    It’s interesting that EasyStreet got more stock of both versions and still have them available.
    Does that mean some were held back from RSD or more were pressed already?

Easy Street Records receives A LOT more Pearl Jam stock then another other record store on the planet. If your local record store only had 1 copy of Give Way CD & say 10 copies of the Give Way vinyl on RSD, Easy Street Records would have 500+ CD copies & 4000+ vinyl copies to sell.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181

Black vinyl up. Clear vinyl bottom.

Following was posted on Instagram.

Wonder how many clear vinyl copies were pressed.