The Importance of Being In A Band

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
or writing, creating...etc.

as im growing older, and time is ever so elusive, i find it more important for me to keep this hobby and writing. its so easy to get lost in being an adult and getting up and going to work everyday and kind of losing "that edge" or that "Creativity" and excitement in your life. for me personally, being able to play in a band helps me keep myself indentified with what i feel are the most important things in life.

so yea. im at work and bored.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i think as long as you make time to make music it doesn't matter if it's in a band or not.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    exhausted wrote:
    i think as long as you make time to make music it doesn't matter if it's in a band or not.

grr, damn you greg. i a dyou in mind when i wrote the title, which is why i stated, or writing, creative..etc...
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    exhausted wrote:

You need to make time to do *anything* creative. I play guitar, but not in a band. But in your free time it doesn't matter what you do, as long as it makes you happy and keeps your mind active. Play music, listen to music, exercise, watch movies, draw, write, create....just do something!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    I think it's important to keep the things that make you who you are alive. If it's important to you it should be important to those who love you.

My son keeps pushing me to start a band. He'll say "you can drop me at hockey/soccer/lacrosse (pick a sport) then go play for an hour and a half". He wants me to make time for it because he knows it's important. Or maybe he's tired of falling asleep to the sound of guitar bleeding through his bedroom walls.

I know what you mean when you say "helps me keep myself indentified with what i feel are the most important things in life". I have a tatto around my ankle to remind me every morning in the shower what's important to me.

If it's a band that does it for you be in a band. If it's playing guitar alone do that.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley