Ibanez AD9 - Wow

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Much, Much, MUch better than the boss dm2 delay that i also have.
The delay is absolutely incredible, much longer too. it toome awhile to adjust to the knobs as they are opposite of the boss dm2 delay. but the delay is much longer, cleaner, sharper, crisper. yet can still acheive that nasty overlapping delay. the short delay times are really cool and can add a really cool synth sound to yoru guitar as well. a much wider variety I FEEL...than the boss dm2. i love this pedal. the delay is longer (i think ive said that) and the notes dont get crammed together (unless i want) which work wonders for what i want. anyways, i love this damn pedal. so now i think im gonna sell my boss dm2. someone once said i shouldnt, because its a rare pedal. but shit, the ibanez is great. i can replace it for cheaper. and sell the dm2 for more....

or maybe not. but money would be great right now after spending all that damn cash on my car and pj tix and i still need to get the shannon od....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I've got an old pink one,,, and I love that pedal.
    You're the only other one I know that's had one!

I like to set the delay really short at about 10:00 (PM:D) and get that "playing guitar in a tile bathroom" sound!:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    ya i love mine. absolutely love it. not sure if i should sell the dm delay, but with all tehse shows im going to...i need to get some money, or i could sell it use the money and finally pick up the shannon od!

but the dm is amazing as well. but right now im loving the ad9 much more
  • I've gone through all kinds of delays and I keep going back to the my little pink Ad-9. It's my little buddy by now. :)
    I have a Akai Headrush I like, but it's too complicated. The Ibanez has more character to it and is so easy. I'm a simple man anymore.

It looks good next to the bright orange Shannon! You need to get one of them!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I'd keep the DM-2 for two reasons:

1) It will only increase in value, if maintained in good condition;

and

2) It might be a good idea to have a good, trusty pedal that you're familiar with as a spare, or if you ever go for a two-delay lineup.

But, then again, I just liquidated all my surplus gear that's just been sitting around, so what the heck... if you could really use the money, and can't forsee using it... off it goes...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.