Still waiting for my St. Paul 1 tickets — UPDATE: They're lost

WonderMikeWonderMike Salem, Mass. Posts: 22
edited May 2023 in The Porch
Hi folks. I feel like I normally chime in here once a decade, but I've been overly active this past week. So I'll get to it:

Is anyone else still waiting to get a claim email for tickets they should've won? Because that's where I still find myself, and I'm well into that nice blend of frustrated/furious/anxious/terrified at this point.

To recap, I put in for — and won — tickets for both St. Paul shows. Ticketstoday charged my card for each, then refunded them pending the first reassignment. I think everyone remembers this.

They then charged me for just the Sept. 2 show, and before I got charged for the first night, the Ten Club announced that all the seats needed to be reassigned again. Fine. I'm not complaining about where I was or where I ended up, I just want to be in the seats I'm supposed to have. No problem so far.

Except that's where the transactions ended. And last Friday (May 5), I got my final assignment for Sept. 2 and claimed those tickets. But I got nothing for Aug. 31.

My first email to Ticketstoday checking on this was greeted with a stupidly cheerful note that, "We have confirmed one charge with one valid order with receipt #XXXXXX.  We also confirm claimed date on May 5, 2023." Which didn't clarify at all what happened with the other night.

I haven't heard anything from Tickemaster/Ticketstoday since Monday (May 8), which was only after the Ten Club reached out to them directly and made contact. I was told by Ticketstoday that they were "checking with the promoter in reference to your tickets not reassigned yet.  We are currently waiting for a response and apologize for any inconvenience." I've followed up a few times with Ticketstoday since then, and, crickets.

Meanwhile, I've gotten two different emails from Ticektstoday asking me to take a survey for my interactions with two different customer service reps (Miguel and Celestino, respectively), who I've never spoke to. I assume that was the Ten Club calling on my behalf (which, sincerely, thank you to whoever in the band's organization is still working on this) In the meantime, I haven't heard anything directly from anyone for most of the week, and I've sent more receipt numbers, screenshots and overly polite emails than I care to mention.

I'm having trouble believing they're still reassigning seats after all this time. And it's getting harder to not feel like I got screwed and forgotten.

Ticketstoday doesn't have a working phone number for customers. I've got a plane ticket and a hotel room booked for St. Paul and friends I'm very much looking forward to seeing. But I'm still waiting.

So, if anyone has any ideas or advice, like if there's something obvious I should've done that I don't seem to have done yet, I'm all ears.

Thanks to everyone who actually read all of this.

TL;DR version: Still waiting for tickets I won. Are you?
My name's actually Nick. Some PJ writing.
Post edited by WonderMike on

Comments

• bchambers05bchambers05 Omaha, Nebraska Posts: 163
    That's absolutely crazy. I'm really really new here and I got one ticket to both nights even after the 3rd reassignment. 

That said, i had to change over to the verified fan sale for handicapped seating tickets so I'll have one ticket to each night if anyone needs one, once we can sell f2f.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    my friend never got reassignments for the 2 stp shows and after being patient and waiting a few extra days finally contacted ticketstoday may 9 and was told that 'we apologize, request was not granted during the second opportunity' (this is the actual quote from the message). she then reached out to 10c, and i don't think has heard anything back from them yet. she also told me her refund for that first batch of tix credited a few days ago but she also said that she was never charged again, either. she got the email from 4/25 that confirms she has tix for the shows and assignments/charges will be redone on 4/26, but nothing after that. given she got the 'we're reassigning seats but you still have tix' message after being confirmed for both shows, she definitely should have never lost any tix, and should have been charged again (and her card should not have rejected anything if she was). but she has had no communication about it since and like i said i think she is still waiting to hear from 10c yet.
  • WonderMikeWonderMike Salem, Mass. Posts: 22
    Well I still haven't had any communication since Monday, but I emailed everyone again today. We'll see what happens, if anything.
  • I'm in almost the exact same scenario as WonderMike...

Got really good tix for Night 1 through Ten Club.

After all the re-assignment fiasco, I haven't heard a word from TM or Ten Club to confirm my seats.
  • JDime20JDime20 Posts: 195
    Same for me, haven’t heard anything on STP 1. I reached out and was told it’s taking longer than expected but as long as I received the initial award I’d be covered. 
    Well let's hope they really are just taking longer, and that we all get our tickets in a flurry sometime soon. Thanks for chiming in, everyone.
  • sarsa333sarsa333 Wonderland Posts: 2
    Hey WonderMike-
    I'm AndySlash's friend who is in the same spot you are in about the tickets.
    I just tried to call TicketsToday and TM...they don't take calls anymore.
    I've messaged Jill Vedder and Pearl Jam's Instagram accounts. LOL!

I might buy the seats behind the stage so I can at least get a ticket.

The organizer in me says to contact our Attorney General's office and contact Sen. Amy Klobuchar's office. Amy is the one who has started to organize legislation to deal with this issue. 

Ah, fuck balls!
    -Sarah

AndySlash said:
    my friend never got reassignments for the 2 stp shows and after being patient and waiting a few extra days finally contacted ticketstoday may 9 and was told that 'we apologize, request was not granted during the second opportunity' (this is the actual quote from the message). she then reached out to 10c, and i don't think has heard anything back from them yet. she also told me her refund for that first batch of tix credited a few days ago but she also said that she was never charged again, either. she got the email from 4/25 that confirms she has tix for the shows and assignments/charges will be redone on 4/26, but nothing after that. given she got the 'we're reassigning seats but you still have tix' message after being confirmed for both shows, she definitely should have never lost any tix, and should have been charged again (and her card should not have rejected anything if she was). but she has had no communication about it since and like i said i think she is still waiting to hear from 10c yet.

Well, that's that. What a mess:

"I am very sorry to inform you that your ticket request for Pearl Jam at Xcel Energy Center on 8/31/23 was not granted during the second round."

But, let's look on the bright side here: I just found two tickets that weren't listed for absurd money and are facing the stage, so that's something. And I won't have to sit in a bar across the street from the arena forcing everyone else to listen to Vitalogy on repeat as I max out my TouchTunes account. I mean, I can do that here.

Anyway, I'll see you folks there. Or not. Who knows what could happen in the meantime...
  • sarsa333sarsa333 Wonderland Posts: 2
    I just received an email from 10c:

Hello Sarah,

We are sorry to hear you weren't able to get tickets through the 10 Club Presale or Verified Fan Onsale. Did Ticketmaster let you know if it was a registration error or something else?

We recommend you check the TM links on the tour page as there is a chance more tickets could become available here: https://pearljam.com/tour

You can also check with each venue for tickets, and try the Fan to Fan Exchange which is open now. Learn more here: https://blog.ticketmaster.com/how-ticketmaster-face-value-ticket-exchange-works/

Thank you,

Ten Club