Shannon Overdrive!

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.shannon-effects.com

the overdrive is simply perfect. read all about it. i just recieved one from eric last week. (telesonic on the synergy board) not sure if he posts here or not!

anyways. its brilliant. my setup is a 62 reissue strat, gibson sg special, fender twin reverb II amp...

Boss tu-2
595qwah
boss cs 2 sustainer
mxr phase 90
boss tremolo
ibanez ad 9 delay
ibanez sonic distortion
shannon overdrive

this thing is sweet. the range of overdrive is phenomenal, from warm overdriven tube amp sound to a really really great rock overdrive/distortion. it does not take away the sound of the guitar/amp combo. it is sharp, crips, clean, dirty all at once. how do you describe a sound? you can't but i highly suggest it. as ive played wih all the distortion pedals you have, ts 808, ts 9 , ts 808 mods etc. this pedal easily surpasses them. tubescreamers sound "tinny" to me..if that word makes sense.

and i back up the shannon overdrive with the sonic distortion and provides with a perfectly heavy marshal crunch and great lead tone. the overdrive is the best investment ive made for my tone. it sounds great with both guitars.

A+++++ thanks eric.

grazi.

now you all should try it. easily tmy favorite overdrive pedal.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I need an overdrive... how much would it be to ship one to Belgium?
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    email eric

customer service like you wouldnt believe, since its him. let him know youre fromt hep j board and just talk with him. you guys will be able to work something out.

i highly suggest it. as anyone else who has one on here will too...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'd like to add having sent my MXR Dynacomp off to Eric, it is absolutely phenominal. Perfect smooth compression and volume takes the edge off my wah and puts punch into my strat copy.

I found the OD to be very smooth sounding nice boost, and creamy fat overdrive. Similar to the TS-808 (JRC4558D op amp) but IMHO smoother and cleaner.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'd buy his phaser if i didn't already have two.
    def smoother, cleaner...

but also thicker, and creamier, warmer...

and for those that are worried...HEAVIER. turnt hat distortion up and it really packs a punch. turn it downand its just beautiful overdrive. great for solo's, ryhtym...up down, sidewise...you name it.
  • the OD is one super pedal.
    does anyone know what the distortion sounds like. im looking to get a very good distortion pedal.
  • 62strat wrote:
    email eric

customer service like you wouldnt believe, since its him. let him know youre fromt hep j board and just talk with him. you guys will be able to work something out.

i highly suggest it. as anyone else who has one on here will too...

I might do that. I'd like an OD to go with my Champ and since the euro is very strong against the dollar, this could be a bargain.
    the OD is one super pedal.
    does anyone know what the distortion sounds like. im looking to get a very good distortion pedal.

well think of it this way.

Ts808 to shannon od = amazing

the distortion's sound and design apparantly stems from the Ibanez sonic distortion which is amazing...so i imagine it being quite impressive, which once i have money i will order it....
  • is the pedal 150 bucks? it says that the list price is 150, so i was just curious if the actual price is less than that.

I was originally looking into a TS9, but does this blow the TS9 out of the water?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • leep75leep75 Posts: 272
    Eric is the best! I don't have any of his pedals, but he did sell me his extra 3rd row seat for the Toledo show!!!!

He also gave Mike's tech a pedal or some type of setup at Grand Rapids, I wonder if anything ever came of that??

LEEP

leep
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    is the pedal 150 bucks? it says that the list price is 150, so i was just curious if the actual price is less than that.

I was originally looking into a TS9, but does this blow the TS9 out of the water?

easily. Just the volume and clarity kill the TS-9 and you haven't even touched the gain knob yet. Harmonics are much more rich and full, the caps and other components used in the Shannon are much better and the build quality is far and above that of the TS-9

check out analogmans page, http://www.analogman.com/tshist.htm for more info on tube screamers and you can check out what his modifieds cost.

http://www.robertkeeley.com is another place to get info.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhausted wrote:
    i'd buy his phaser if i didn't already have two.

the phaser is bad-ass. and hopefully w/o getting in trouble I'll tell you I even got the (sssshhh) uni-vibe mod. AAHHHH! very cool to switch from a sweet phase to a uni-vibe in a split sec. sorry Eric...I had to tell. and my wife now thinks that It'd be a great x-mas gift so the mail carrier will be visiting you soon. peace

http://www.evenflowrocks.com
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • I couldn't agree more. I bought an OD from Eric about four months ago and still can't beleive the sounds I'm getting out of it! It does everything perfectly. I use it mostly for that slight break-up sound that is so hard to acheive with some pedals. The sound is SO SWEET.

Like I've said before, and plenty of people before and after me, BUY THIS PEDAL. Worth the money and the quality far surpasses the crap you see at guitar center, etc...
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!