Might Play With Even Flow Tonight

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
should be fun, they said i could/should come up and play "even flow" with them, i feel bad, but why not? do you think they'd mind if i brought my own guitar? nothing bothers me more than playing someone elses guitar. ummm, sucha hassle though, im gonna try and give scott (the guitar player) a call and see if i can just drop my guitar off and say hello and meet them while they soundcheck..would make things easier.

might be fun though? what do you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Go for it dude. Thats a fun song to jam on, and any tune you can play in front of a crowd is a good tune.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    62strat wrote:
    should be fun, they said i could/should come up and play "even flow" with them, i feel bad, but why not? do you think they'd mind if i brought my own guitar? nothing bothers me more than playing someone elses guitar. ummm, sucha hassle though, im gonna try and give scott (the guitar player) a call and see if i can just drop my guitar off and say hello and meet them while they soundcheck..would make things easier.

might be fun though? what do you think?

bring your guitar, if you're playing unrehearsed, the last thing you need is someone elses axe, it's like meeting the parents on a first date.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    hmm yea i should, im sure id have a blast, id probably be drunk by that point as well. ill just give thema call, i get nervous about calling people ive never talked to before, and i dont think its been discussed if im taking someons place or what? cause...in all honesty, if i am to playon it..i rather play mikes part!but id feel like an ass, unless he's cool with it for a song...
    If you don't know the guys....who asked you to jam with them?
    nailz100 wrote:
    If you don't know the guys....who asked you to jam with them?

me

just kidding. last timethey came through town i was kind of talking scott and his wife through pms and the idea was bounced around of me playing even flow with them, now this time ive got his number and im suppose to call him...im assuming i would just use scotts stuff, sans guitar for one song...he does leads...not sure, i hear they are all super nice...so...i don tknow, guess i wont know till i call.
  • 62strat wrote:
    in all honesty, if i am to playon it..i rather play mikes part!but id feel like an ass, unless he's cool with it for a song...

Don't know the situation but I'd say go for it. I'd love to play Mike's part on Even Flow with a tight band and show off like a prick..Stone's part would be alright too mind you.
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
    Use your guitar bro...he shouldn't have a problem with that. Call them
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    go for it brian! they are really cool about it. their shows are so much fun. definitely give scott a call. kurt (stone) let me get up and play his part of rockin' in the free world with them last week. you should bring your own guitar though. like paco said, it can be awkward getting up and playing someone else's axe unrehearsed. kurt had ask me up on stage after they had already started into the song. so i was rushing to get up there and was somewhat thrown off by his setup trying to get into the song. plays his guitar much lower than i do, plus the guitar itself. even though free world is a pretty easy groove to fall into, i was somewhat lost at first because i was focusing on feeling comfortable with the guitar. and i was a little drunk too. :) they'll probably let you play through beav's (eddie) hiwatt if scott still wants to play on the song. you'll have a blast though. they even let me get up and sing given to fly with a friend of theirs at a previous show, though i forgot some of the lyrics. once again, i'd been drinking a bit. fun none the less though. say hi to them for me.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Your name's Brian too.....Right on. F*ck, does everyone live in the same area code where they know all the same guys and can all jam with them on a regular basis?
  • i say go for it Brian...why the fuck not? If they're cool with it, then hell yeah!

and yes, bring your own guitar...it sucks playing someone else's axe.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • but 2 more and his pedal board b/c one of us...(it was stone's fault) forgot to pack our "Stone's" guitars and pedal board in the trailer. we did'nt realize this until we arrived in St. Paul 7 1/2 hours later. quick call to Brian and all was well. great guy, great hospitality up there. We would've been kinda fucked otherwise. anyway, had a kick-ass time again in St. Paul and Brian you FUCKING ROCKED OUT on evenflow it was way cool. and thanks to Matt for singin and giving Kurt a ride to the airport. We just found out we are playing in Madison WI this friday, feel like a road trip?. anyway, everybody give big props to Brian for his totally cool act of kindness to help us out. big props. SCott
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
    Hey scott! or i suppose whichever one of you is reading this when you do...

Not a problem at all, great show, lots of fun, and top of being great musicians...great guys. Thanks for all the beer! and letting me play, and i apologize if i got al ittle carried away during even flow...i get al ittle excited playing that song:) but it was def cool and fun as hell.I felt bad for kurt, our couch is tiny and not much for sleeping, at least he was drunk and could pass ou! glad you all got home safe, ill see about madison...not sure if that will work on friday though..perhaps though! would bef un...ill let ya know.

Kickass. THANK YOU again...