Adivce On Selling My Beast of An Amp?

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
im thinking about doing it, and downsizing.

I purchased it aout 5 years ago for 740 used, 1980 Fender Twin Reverb II

Ive replaced al lcables, input jacks, pre amp, power amp, etc...

tolex is in good condition...etc...

Should i ebay it? consignment in a shop? o rjust get robbed by the shop?

again, not sure if im even giong to sell it but i may...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    you could give it to me for 50p :P haha ok im about as much use a condom machine in the vatican. i`ll shup now.... exit stage left.............
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • I'd say consignment if you live in a fairly large city. Like 100 000 plus.

Otherwise there may not be a market for an amp like that to get the value you want for it. In which case ebay would be your best bet.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    Why not scope out Ebay and see how much they are going for and if that number pleases you.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    That amp I'd try to put on consignment at Willies. He'll probably sell it for about 700 and charge you a couple hundred I'd guess.

I think that's a rivera era amp, that'd be a good thing to have on the hang tag.

you could always put it on Ebay, although it's heavy, maybe try and see if you can sell it for local pickup if possible first, if you do have to ship it, we'll have to determine the best way to pack it and keep it safe.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.