Comments

• Options
    PJamminPJammin Posts: 578
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    Kari_J said:
    I've had SO many of these tickets in my cart. I really, really, really loathe the stupid credit card text code feature.
    YES!! That CC text feature is BRUTAL. I've yet to come up with any workaroudn for it. I've tried every CC I have in the wallet and they all do it. I'm guessing its a feature turned on by TM but I could be wrong. Are the people scoring the tix getting prompted for a text code?!?! 
    My understanding is that it’s an anti fraud device used by the card issuer. The cards in my TM account don’t ask for the code, which I suspect is true of most who are scoring 
    Yup - my card is loaded in TM and ready to go. I've tried an Amex and a Visa and each one is prompting me for the code. What is odd is that I was able to purchase a pair of Indy lawn on F2F about a week ago and wasnt prompted for a code. Since then I've been much more active on the TM page (refreshing, etc) in an attempt to find pavilion seats and when a pair does pop up it is now requiring the text code. Maybe TM is suspecting my increased activity as "bot" activity and it's a way to slow my activity- who knows. 
    I don't think it's driven by TM or your activity or else I would be getting coded and I never do :) It's a bank thing. Could be the lawn tickets were cheap enough not to trigger it but the higher price did 
    If that were the case, I'm wondering if you couldn't just call your "bank" i.e...customer service number on the back of your card, and ask/tell them that temp charges coming from "Ticketmaster" or "Live Nation" are not fraudulent. But like @PJammin said, who knows. But it would really help to know.

Currently in a customer service chat with Amex at this very moment on this topic. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    edited August 2023
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    Kari_J said:
    I've had SO many of these tickets in my cart. I really, really, really loathe the stupid credit card text code feature.
    YES!! That CC text feature is BRUTAL. I've yet to come up with any workaroudn for it. I've tried every CC I have in the wallet and they all do it. I'm guessing its a feature turned on by TM but I could be wrong. Are the people scoring the tix getting prompted for a text code?!?! 
    My understanding is that it’s an anti fraud device used by the card issuer. The cards in my TM account don’t ask for the code, which I suspect is true of most who are scoring 
    Yup - my card is loaded in TM and ready to go. I've tried an Amex and a Visa and each one is prompting me for the code. What is odd is that I was able to purchase a pair of Indy lawn on F2F about a week ago and wasnt prompted for a code. Since then I've been much more active on the TM page (refreshing, etc) in an attempt to find pavilion seats and when a pair does pop up it is now requiring the text code. Maybe TM is suspecting my increased activity as "bot" activity and it's a way to slow my activity- who knows. 
    I don't think it's driven by TM or your activity or else I would be getting coded and I never do :) It's a bank thing. Could be the lawn tickets were cheap enough not to trigger it but the higher price did 
    If that were the case, I'm wondering if you couldn't just call your "bank" i.e...customer service number on the back of your card, and ask/tell them that temp charges coming from "Ticketmaster" or "Live Nation" are not fraudulent. But like @PJammin said, who knows. But it would really help to know.

Currently in a customer service chat with Amex at this very moment on this topic. 
    Be prepared for them to say it was fixed and it was not fixed. Happened to me. Hopefully your results will be different. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    Kari_J said:

Have tried that before and was told it's an algorithm and they can't white list purchases in advance 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Yeah....I got the same lip service. It can't be lifted. I was offered a phone number to the Amex concierge service to assist with event tickets though. What a joke. 
  • Options
    flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 216
    edited August 2023
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    Kari_J said:

Have tried that before and was told it's an algorithm and they can't white list purchases in advance 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yep, that checks. I mean, why believe a human over an algorithm? Maybe if I tell them I really, really, really like Pearl Jam, they'll reconsider?

Post edited by flanosmasseur on
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    Kari_J said:

Yep, that checks. I mean, why believe a human over an algorithm? Maybe if I tell them I really, really, really like Pearl Jam, they'll reconsider?

lol...that would be nice. Their piece of shit system doesn't understand the urgency sometimes. Infuriating.

Honestly if TM sets it up like this it should allow us to store a card and not even have to add the fucking three digit code. There's like three things to do before you can actually hit purchase with these bastards
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,225
    I just tried myself.
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 413
    lawn day
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    Kari_J said:

lol...that would be nice. Their piece of shit system doesn't understand the urgency sometimes. Infuriating.

Honestly if TM sets it up like this it should allow us to store a card and not even have to add the fucking three digit code. There's like three things to do before you can actually hit purchase with these bastards
    Agree to terms and conditions, add CVV, decline insurance, enter CC text code, hit checkout - get error message then rinse and repeat. 
  • Options
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    Kari_J said:

Agree to terms and conditions, add CVV, decline insurance, enter CC text code, hit checkout - get error message then rinse and repeat. 
    exactly....or at least go back to the system where you snag them and have 2 minutes to deal with payment. Now it's like there are 20 people all snagging and whosever payment goes thru first gets them in the end

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    Kari_J said:

i dont have to do the text code but even with the rest we dont stand a chance against people who don't have the extra steps 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    jarfitz1jarfitz1 Indianapolis Posts: 50
    Will we EVER see lower pavilion available?  That's what I'm wondering.  I haven't even come close to getting those.
  • Options
    JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 342
    There was a lower pair yesterday in C. Might see more pop up as we get closer to the show.
  • Options
    Kari_JKari_J Posts: 9
    There was a lower pav pair this morning but they were there and gone - had them in my cart twice and got the dreaded error message. I'm done trying for this show - I have GA but was trying to find a pair for my partner and kid, but he doesn't care that much and it's not worth the effort and frustration! So hopefully one less person increases your chances, everyone :)
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,091
    Yeah, I have seats, but I was looking to get closer if possible, but I think I will stick with what I have instead of fighting the endless fight.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    SHZA said:
    PJammin said:
    Kari_J said:

Oh and lets not forget the "got it" each time the page refreshes. 
  • Options
    Kari_J said:
    There was a lower pav pair this morning but they were there and gone - had them in my cart twice and got the dreaded error message. I'm done trying for this show - I have GA but was trying to find a pair for my partner and kid, but he doesn't care that much and it's not worth the effort and frustration! So hopefully one less person increases your chances, everyone :)
    We appreciate that!  I have lawn seats.  Not ideal but since I'm 6'4" it saves me from feeling bad about blocking someone's view in the pavilion.  So there's that.  So I'm close to giving up too.... but not quite!
  • Options
    sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    I was able to upgrade and got a single for myself in row J. 

I'm going to post a PAIR at 11am in SEC D Row Y now! Good luck!!! I
  • Options
    This is a home show, on my birthday. Im not giving up yet. I want the best experience possible 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 808
  • Options
    sfrdudersfrduder Posts: 263
    sfrduder said:

Just got the sold notification. Hope someone on here got them
  • Options
    sfrduder said:
    sfrduder said:

Just got the sold notification. Hope someone on here got them
    almost! thanks for the heads up...can't believe the firecracker guy didn't post a link

• Options
    Missed again.  U504 error message.  
  • Options
    and missed 
  • Options
    Yeah.  I'm done at least for now.  I couldn't possibly have been any quicker that time.  I tried a new CC.  Same B.S. 

Good luck everyone.  Beat those scalpers!
  • Options
    The good news is that there are still 42 pavilion seats sitting out there for Indy (between F2F and PJ Premium), albeit the cheapest option is $500.