LIVE ON 2 LEGS V GIVE WAY

bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 237
being from Melbourne, (first show 2003) Give Way is great but doesn’t quite capture that period in time like LO2L does for me, I can picture exact moments of my life listening to LO2L on repeat. In Summary, we are blessed as a fan base. 

Comments

• PapPap Posts: 28,751
    bazfromoz said:
    being from Melbourne, (first show 2003) Give Way is great but doesn’t quite capture that period in time like LO2L does for me, I can picture exact moments of my life listening to LO2L on repeat. In Summary, we are blessed as a fan base. 
    True! :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    LO2L will always be my favorite 
  • bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 237
    I’m not sure what it is, but LO2L feels like summer nights. Magic in a bottle. 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,551
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Put them together and you have Live on 3 Legs.
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    edited May 2023
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Put them together and you have Live on 3 Legs.
    Already exists:
     https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/184573/live-on-3-legs-a-definitive-2000-tour-compilation/p1

;-)
    I can appreciate that many of us (including me) would like more 1998 live material but between LO2L, Give Way, and the DC and LA vault releases, we’re doing pretty well.

Plus there’s the JWB remaster of the full Melbourne show as well as that Seattle one.
  • DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    Something about Untitled into MFC from LO2L - just love that.  Instantly brings me back to those summer nights in 98 with a cold brew, loaded bong and not a care in the world.  That first time hearing that, though, holy crap, it hit home so much. I really related to the feeling of Untitled into MFC back then. "Fuck it, we're disappeared..."
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
    bazfromoz said:
    I’m not sure what it is, but LO2L feels like summer nights. Magic in a bottle. 
    Couldn’t have said it better 
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,937
    98 was my first tour of a band that has been impactful since they came on the scene and LO2L is still my favorite release (out of anything they've ever put out). It has the punch and perfect feel of a Pearl Jam show. The first time hearing Untitled, that version of Black, Corduroy and Hail Hail are perfect. It's perfect!
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
    CP218430 said:
    98 was my first tour of a band that has been impactful since they came on the scene and LO2L is still my favorite release (out of anything they've ever put out). It has the punch and perfect feel of a Pearl Jam show. The first time hearing Untitled, that version of Black, Corduroy and Hail Hail are perfect. It's perfect!
    Yep. If, hypothetically, I could only listen to one album ever again, this would be the one.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited May 2023
    Give Way is a great show IMO.  
    It has the definitive version of In My Tree.  Brain of J is great.  

LO2L is good.  I still wish LO2L had Save It For Later on Betterman.  I do understand it was supposed to be a nondescript live album.  I think LO2L is edited like most live albums are tho.  Evenflow is a mix of different performances pasted into one. Etc.  Most live albums do that here and there.  The Van Halen RSD live album is mostly studio takes.  

I agree that more 98 shows should be released.  That's my favorite tour by far. 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,812
    I read that as a giveaway for LO2L.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
    bazfromoz said:

Indeed we are. 
    rummy said:
    CP218430 said:
    Yep. If, hypothetically, I could only listen to one album ever again, this would be the one.
    Agree 100%
    CP218430 said:
    Yes!