You guys digging the new songs/sounds?

62strat62strat Posts: 638
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
eh?

great gutiar tone.

to me, it seems they are finally using their talents.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    62strat wrote:
    eh?

great gutiar tone.

to me, it seems they are finally using their talents.

I am, sounds like it could be a lot more passionate than the last two records, extrospective rather than introspective.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Im very excited about it, go figure. but the melodies in unemployable are fantastic.

also, im enjoying the guitar work and tone....great.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I'm definately enjoying the guitar work in Unemployable. Great chord choices on this one. I'm also happy to hear some cool backing vocals.
  • 62strat wrote:
    Im very excited about it, go figure. but the melodies in unemployable are fantastic.

also, im enjoying the guitar work and tone....great.

I agree. I'm more of a fan of great guitar tone than I am "hard rockin' kick @$$ riffs!!!" and the tone on "Unemployable" sounds terrific. Rich and layered like "Yield".
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    They are kicking ass as usual. But, I'll let you know after both shows in Chi-town and the Grand Rapids Show. 10C rocks!!!

Oh this was about thier tone ;)
    From what I have heard, so far, so good. They are aging well and their tone seems to be getting better.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    Can someone help me out and send me Unemployable?! Thanks
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    cjb5790 wrote:
    Can someone help me out and send me Unemployable?! Thanks

Its 99 cents. Just buy it.
    moster78 wrote:
    Its 99 cents. Just buy it.

If I could, I obviously would...

All good though, got it!
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    not sold on the songs yet,that wont happen untill i hear them in context with the entire record,but the recording sounds way better than the last two records did.
    WOW!~ Excellent track!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    the unseen wrote:
    not sold on the songs yet,that wont happen untill i hear them in context with the entire record,but the recording sounds way better than the last two records did.

WWS is brilliantly produced... great tone and Ed's vocals really come through. It sounds Yield era vocals and guitar tone but with the riffage and impact of Vitalogy era..

Unemployable is lacking the vocal force of WWS but by fuck the changes and melody are good... these guys are twisting their own rules with their musical maturity... its brilliant, but its also utterly different from past songs.

I'm excited as fuck to hear studio versions of Gone and Comatose
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
    I miss Jeff. Am I just not hearing him right on these past couple albums? But i love some of the lil stuff in Unemployable between Matt and Jeff... give us more of that I say.
    But hey, i'm excited about the album more after hearing Unemployable... Worl Wide Suicide hasn't done it for me, but give it time maybe.

There was a post about Matt C at another forum about how his songwriting isn't good... am i being an ass, or do they need more of Matt's musicianship blending together with the rest of their talents? i guess i kinda miss of the energy they showed with their other musically diverse stuff... (i'm rambling)
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    the unseen wrote:

Just an opinion, of course, but Binaural was the best produced album by anyone ever. Spend a coupla hundred on a good set of headphones and listen again, you'll see.