Options

Grandson - I Love you, I'm trying

cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,128
Anyone give this a listen yet?  Only 1x through so far but really liking it.  
hippiemom = goodness

Comments

• Options
    Looks like I'm alone on this hahahaha
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759

A song I take it.  A band?  Solo artist?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Grandson is the artist. New Album…has a song of the same name. 

Funny I only know if him because someone posted a while back in a thread about recommending other artists here. So I thought others might also be listening to him. Seems not so much.

Really dig most of his stuff lately. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    brianlux said:

Grandson is the artist. New Album…has a song of the same name. 

Funny I only know if him because someone posted a while back in a thread about recommending other artists here. So I thought others might also be listening to him. Seems not so much.

Really dig most of his stuff lately. 

I'll have to check him out, thanks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    will check it out!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Saw him live at a club with my 15 year old daughter.  

Opener was No love for the middle child and they were pretty great actually.

Grandson - at a club - if you like the music .... it's a great freakin show.  My daughter had a blast and even got one of the drum sticks.  I was a little worried about how his music would sound in a live environment, but the concert actually blew me away.  Loved it and I would go to another shows whenever I can.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    Just gave the album a run and I liked it. I’m not sure anything stood out for me, but I would give it another go!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    If you like his vibe, but a lot better just imo, you should check out the band Foreign Air. Their album Hello Sunshine is just perfect 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    If you like his vibe, but a lot better just imo, you should check out the band Foreign Air. Their album Hello Sunshine is just perfect 
    Will do!  I really never understand why a band/artist clicks with me (or others for that matter).  Never would have guessed I would like Grandson much at all... and here I am loving the music. 

My favs from Grandson:
    We Did it
    Heather
    WWIII
    Riptide
    Something to Hide
    Eulogy
    Stick Up
    6:00
    Darkside
    Blood//Water

I will check our Foreign Air for sure if they are hitting the vibe I seem to be into at the moment!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Hey,

Listened to them.  I can see why you like them.  For me, I like a bit rawer.  So I did like them and will continue to try and give them a listen and see if they continue to grow on me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Thanks for giving it a go! I think when I can finally see them live it will be less produced and raw if you will. 

And I was thinking back, I actually saw grandson perform last year at a music festival. It was a really energetic set, but he had to (chose to) pause for like 15 minutes because of someone collapsing in the crowd. I did really enjoy the performance 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016