Membership

I’ve been a member since ‘98 (#166683) and  I was put on the waitlist for TX…WTF! I’ve never been denied tickets in all my years as a member. I’ve gotta believe seniority means nothing at this point. Damn shame. 

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,562
    That has nothing to do with 10C. Your TM VF fan entry is a lottery.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    edited April 2023
    Seniority only comes in to play with seat location not winning the llottery or with Verified Fan
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • So a lottery clearly means your seniority means shit 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    10c lottery and Verified Fan are 2 separate things. Verified Fan has nothing to do with 10c membership. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    I’ve been a member since ‘98 (#166683) and  I was put on the waitlist for TX…WTF! I’ve never been denied tickets in all my years as a member. I’ve gotta believe seniority means nothing at this point. Damn shame. 
    How'd you do with your 10C requests?
  • Did you enter the 10c lottery?!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,541
    edited April 2023
    I’m more interested that after 25 years you’ve only visited the forum 5 times 😂 that’s awesome
    Post edited by Kwieneke on
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,947
    dmbolp said:
    How'd you do with your 10C requests?
    Possibly didn’t enter. 
  • I requested GA for 9/15 TX, thinking I was a lock. I was then denied and put on the wait list. The lottery is horrible. If I worked 20yrs for a company and a new hire was able to bid on vacation before me because of a lottery, I would say the system is flawed. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,562
    I requested GA for 9/15 TX, thinking I was a lock. I was then denied and put on the wait list. The lottery is horrible. If I worked 20yrs for a company and a new hire was able to bid on vacation before me because of a lottery, I would say the system is flawed. 
    There wasn't a wait list for Ten Club tickets. You either got them or didnt. Waitlist is TM and not controlled by 10C.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • I understand that. My point is, I did exactly what every other 10C member did and bid on tickets through VF TM. I was then clearly denied my request. Regardless if was 10C or TM who denied me, it shows that seniority means nothing. Seniority should be priority with requests not the use of a lottery system. There is no point of seniority if you need to win the f’n lottery. That’s my point. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    edited April 2023
    I understand that. My point is, I did exactly what every other 10C member did and bid on tickets through VF TM. I was then clearly denied my request. Regardless if was 10C or TM who denied me, it shows that seniority means nothing. Seniority should be priority with requests not the use of a lottery system. There is no point of seniority if you need to win the f’n lottery. That’s my point. 
    There were two separate routes to getting tickets. One was the TM VF sale, which is not run by 10c. Anybody can enter that whether they are 10c members or not. It sounds like you entered that one. Then there was a separate 10C lottery just for members. With that one seniority doesn’t help you get tickets, but will determine where your seats are. There were two separate processes for each of these. So if you only remember entering one then you probably did not enter the 10C lottery. One way to know is that for the 10C lottery you had to give your credit card when you entered. For the TM verified fan you did not. 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    I understand that. My point is, I did exactly what every other 10C member did and bid on tickets through VF TM. I was then clearly denied my request. Regardless if was 10C or TM who denied me, it shows that seniority means nothing. Seniority should be priority with requests not the use of a lottery system. There is no point of seniority if you need to win the f’n lottery. That’s my point. 
    No, you didn't do what every other 10c member did because there's no system where we bid on tickets. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • FML! My apologies 10C. 
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    Just try for Fan to Fan Tickets. So many of us have been fans for decades and have won some and lost some in the lottery. Seniority affects your seating location as others have stated, that’s it. You are not entitled to seats for any given show, there are thousands of fans in 10C that all have a chance. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,178
    😂😂😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    Thoughts and prayers for the OP.  🙏🏻 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jefftjefft Posts: 657
    on2legs said:
    Thoughts and prayers for the OP.  🙏🏻 
    Lol
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    I would think being a member since ‘98 with a member number 166683 you would known the system before creating a new thread blasting it. Why would you think you were lock for a lottery? 
    TM doesn’t care if you’re a member.
    The lottery is separate. While there was no guarantee of tickets, it looks as if very few people got completely shut out. Selecting only GA lowers your odds dramatically. If you would have also selected reserved, you’d most likely have tickets already and be given pretty good seats. You went GA or bust. You got the bust because GA was very limited. You made that choice. I don’t know what you’re upset about.
    Once you win the lottery, seats are given based on seniority.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    mace1229 said:
    I would think being a member since ‘98 with a member number 166683 you would known the system before creating a new thread blasting it. Why would you think you were lock for a lottery? 
    The lottery is separate. While there was no guarantee of tickets, it looks as if very few people got completely shut out. Selecting only GA lowers your odds dramatically. If you would have also selected reserved, you’d most likely have tickets already and be given pretty good seats. You went GA or bust. You got the bust because GA was very limited. You made that choice. I don’t know what you’re upset about.
    No GA or bust this tour
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited April 2023
    Seems it might have been verified fan or bust that was the problem. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    PJNB said:
    mace1229 said:
    No GA or bust this tour
    That’s right. Forgot when he said he was a shoe in for ga.
    My bad on that.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,430
    Kwieneke said:
    I’m more interested that after 25 years you’ve only visited the forum 5 times 😂 that’s awesome
    Huge fan 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    Kwieneke said:
    Huge fan 
    Hard-core fan of the boys and a longtime member of the jamily
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    So a lottery clearly means your seniority means shit 
    I pointed out in another thread that it can be mildly frustrating when they send out an email basically telling new fans to sign up because they are about to announce a "tour". It lowers the chances for long time members to "win" tickets. 

I get it's a business so I understand why they do it. I just think people on this board are delusional that the band cares about loyalty. It's mostly talk and less action from the band when it comes to taking care of their long time fans. 

Now i will wait for the usual posters to tell me I'm wrong without any proof.
  • KV4053KV4053 Posts: 1,503
    smile6680 said:
    So a lottery clearly means your seniority means shit 
    I pointed out in another thread that it can be mildly frustrating when they send out an email basically telling new fans to sign up because they are about to announce a "tour". It lowers the chances for long time members to "win" tickets. 

I get it's a business so I understand why they do it. I just think people on this board are delusional that the band cares about loyalty. It's mostly talk and less action from the band when it comes to taking care of their long time fans. 

Now i will wait for the usual posters to tell me I'm wrong without any proof.
    I got Ten and fell in love with it the day before it came out officially. We used to get new releases a day or two early when I worked at a record store in the early 90s. I've been a fan and fan club member since the beginning. This band has done nothing but good for me. Can't speak for anyone else. I'm not sure what you need as proof so I won't even pretend to offer you any.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.