damn technical difficulties....

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,135
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
ever have a show where nothing goes right? so we played a gig last night like we do every saturday and we had all kinds of technical problems. we were doing some audio and video recording to put video clips on our website. so we take the stage and the soundguy could not figure out how to turn off the radio that was going to the house so we could start. so we are standing up there for about 8 minutes with this radio going and we are rolling camera this entire time. it was embarrassing. he finally figured out how to kill the stereo. then in the 4th song our drummer's in ear monitor system went out on him. he had to change batteries and he couldn't get the battery door open so it took about a minute between songs. later that set our bass player's in ear went out. so he just played with the mix coming out of my wedge monitor. then to make matters worse, my amp began to cut out. i had to keep going over and jiggling a cable to get it to cut back in. i thought one of my cables or patch cables was bad so in between sets i spent my whole 30 minute break troubleshooting to find out that my input on my pedal board is bad. i had to use tape to pull the cable jack to one side to maintain good contact. that fixed the problem but i have no idea where i can go to have that input replaced. antone have an idea how to fix one of those?? and when i finally got home i popped the tape in the vcr. we got great video quality, but the sound was awful, mainly a series of loud pops over muffled music. oh well nothing ever fucking works out the way it is supposed to. anyone ever have a show like this??
"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."