I Need Help...

StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
edited April 2023 in The Porch
So my son (my daughter too, but I think we got that worked out) has wanted to go to his first Pearl Jam show forever (Yes, he even wore the Pearl Jam onesie). Well, I entered the drawing across the board for the Midwest shows, hoping that I would be able to take him to one finally. Unfortunately, a family camping trip (labor day weekend) was booked for the same weekend as the MN shows. Well, as luck would have it, I drew MN night 1. Great! I can take him on Thursday and be back for the camping trip for the whole weekend. Then... this whole ticket debacle made things crazy. I was selected for MN night 2. Now my son is ecstatic! But we would have to miss the majority of the camping trip for these shows. Well... let's say this didn't go over well with my wife as she feels I am taking away from the family and that Pearl Jam is more important to me than the camping trip (I am sure we have all been there at some point.) I am torn, my Dad never took me to concerts, and now that my son is interested in music and my favorite band, I feel he needs to see them before something happens (sorry, the boys are getting up there.). As well as I am getting up there and worrying about not sharing these experiences with him. So what should I do? Take my son to the shows or go on the camping trip? Please help...
Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
Post edited by StardogChamp79 on

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    I’m confused…what is the help you are looking for?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    You have tickets for both nights? 

Maybe just do Thursday and sell Saturday on fan to fan?
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    PJNB said:

Can I do that in MN?
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Try your luck when the Fan 2 Fan ticket sales start for St Paul night 1.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    PJNB said:

Can I do that in MN?
    Yes!

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    PJNB said:

Most reasonable approach, and you keep the long weekend to enjoy. 
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I’m confused…what is the help you are looking for?
    Marital help, apparently.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    It's fine. I will sell night 2. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,430
    So my son (my daughter too, but I think we got that worked out) has wanted to go to his first Pearl Jam show forever (Yes, he even wore the Pearl Jam onesie). Well, I entered the drawing across the board for the Midwest shows, hoping that I would be able to take him to one finally. Unfortunately, a family camping trip (labor day weekend) was booked for the same weekend as the MN shows. Well, as luck would have it, I drew MN night 1. Great! I can take him on Thursday and be back for the camping trip for the whole weekend. Then... this whole ticket debacle made things crazy. I was selected for MN night 2. Now my son is ecstatic! But we would have to miss the majority of the camping trip for these shows. Well... let's say this didn't go over well with my wife as she feels I am taking away from the family and that Pearl Jam is more important to me than the camping trip (I am sure we have all been there at some point.) I am torn, my Dad never took me to concerts, and now that my son is interested in music and my favorite band, I feel he needs to see them before something happens (sorry, the boys are getting up there.). As well as I am getting up there and worrying about not sharing these experiences with him. So what should I do? Take my son to the shows or go on the camping trip? Please help...
    you can camp anytime...PJ is rare
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,418
    you can camp anytime...PJ is rare
    this.  Figure the kid wants to do PJ more than camping too.  
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    So is this thread really reaching out to find a divorce lawyer? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    My advice is follow all the advice from random strangers online. They are the best judgement of character when it comes to smoothing things over with he spouse. Members of this forum will in now way be biased when it comes to Pearl Jam, and you can trust them to save your marriage. 
    It was more writing this out to vent I guess. Of course, this board will be biased. I love it! But I can’t be the only fan this has ever happened too! Happy to go to three shows! I’ll take him to CHI.