TicketsToday confirmed Austin was random

2»

Comments

• RH1500RH1500 Posts: 38
    Looks like I got lucky then. My seat assignment matched my seniority.  Sec. 120 Row G Member #70XXX
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    mcatake said:
    Why are so few people reporting seats in sections 106-108 and 118-120??  Look through the threads and all you see are rear floor sections, upper level or lower level 109 - 117.  So even if they did randomly assign, something isn't right.  There should be more in those sections. I'm 197xxx in 109 and FL7.  I saw someone with 400xxx also in 109.  This is impossible if following seniority seating.  Never had seats anywhere near this far back in 30+ ten club shows, including PJ20 which was only fan club. The data suggests ten club was for the most part put in the back and up top. Very few in good seats. Contact ten club and voice your concerns for Austin seating, they need to fix this. 
    72xxx
    N1-106 row J
    N2-120 row H

Looks like the algorithm worked for some
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edocon said:
    This whole situation is weird. Why didn't they reassign Austin? They were already doing St Paul, Chicago & Indy. So Stupid.
    There's a general feeling that the reassignment for those shows was to allocate Premium tickets for sale. In most cases (particulalry for Chicago) people received seats that would be considered worse than their initial assignment.
    I think the alternate explanation, was something happened with the priorities, and people that originally lost, ended up winning the next day.   It's very possible they increased the 10c allotment to get those people tickets.   Which then meant there were way more 10c'ers at the shows and pushed everyones seats back.  The more 10c tickets at a show, the worse your seats are going to be.
  • mcatake said:
    Why are so few people reporting seats in sections 106-108 and 118-120??  Look through the threads and all you see are rear floor sections, upper level or lower level 109 - 117.  So even if they did randomly assign, something isn't right.  There should be more in those sections. I'm 197xxx in 109 and FL7.  I saw someone with 400xxx also in 109.  This is impossible if following seniority seating.  Never had seats anywhere near this far back in 30+ ten club shows, including PJ20 which was only fan club. The data suggests ten club was for the most part put in the back and up top. Very few in good seats. Contact ten club and voice your concerns for Austin seating, they need to fix this. 
    these are club seats in this venue with access to specific clubs that are right behind the sections. These sections are also very likely used for season ticket holders at the venue to allow purchasing. I spoke to the venue about securing a suite and they wanted $15,000 for 16 seats and the option to purchase 4 additional for $162 each. Fully transferrable. They said they only had 2 suites available for first night and they may have more available for second as the suite holders have first right of refusal to secure if they want.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Zod said:
    edocon said:
    This whole situation is weird. Why didn't they reassign Austin? They were already doing St Paul, Chicago & Indy. So Stupid.
    There's a general feeling that the reassignment for those shows was to allocate Premium tickets for sale. In most cases (particulalry for Chicago) people received seats that would be considered worse than their initial assignment.
    I think the alternate explanation, was something happened with the priorities, and people that originally lost, ended up winning the next day.   It's very possible they increased the 10c allotment to get those people tickets.   Which then meant there were way more 10c'ers at the shows and pushed everyones seats back.  The more 10c tickets at a show, the worse your seats are going to be.
    Kind of. Although I’m sure Friday night Nashville was very high demand and believe lots of seats were 10 club. My number got me halfway across arena row A. Now I’m getting all way across row R.. something’s off for sure
  • mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    mcatake said:
    72xxx
    N1-106 row J
    N2-120 row H

Looks like the algorithm worked for some

Yes, agree a few people with low numbers ended up in those 6 sections. My question is why so few - not why not any. I've read through most of the threads and it's less than 10 that I have seen report being in those 6 sections.  Maybe those people are just laying low.  I dunno.  I've seen dozens report the other sections.  Also, not sure how they can explain the guy with 54xxx in 109, me at 197xxx in 109 and a guy with 400xxx in 109.  That just won't happen if going by seniority.  Unless there are only 20 people going and 109 is the only section in the arena.  lol
    I do wonder if the experience was different for someone who chose GA - Reserved only vs. someone who chose GA - Reserved and Reserved. I only chose GA - Reserved.  But I also did that for Ft Worth and my seats are closer to where I'd expect.  
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited April 2023
    My seats are correct. SEC 120 row G. My member number is 51xxx. However, they did charge me for an extra pair in SEC 109. They immediately refunded those so I can't really complain. I would be pissed if I got back row or way up top.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Thanks for clarifying Ten Club!! Very much appreciated 
  • My number is 228xxx 
    N1 back of section 116 
    N2 back of section 109

not the best seats i have ever gotten not the worst either