finally got my alpine white gibson les paul custom......

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,140
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
this is a follow up to an earlier thread i started several weeks ago. i finally got the guitar of my dreams today. if anyone remembers i originally purchased an ebony gibson les paul custom a month ago but the neck was twisted and it could not be repaired. i sent it back to gibson with a strongly worded letter basically calling it a $4000 piece of crap and that i would be embarrassed to let that guitar out of the factory if i was the CEO of gibson. i ordered a white one from gibson to replace it and they told me it would not ship until august 1. well to my surprise it arrived today and is it beautiful, in brand new just out of the box condition. it plays like a dream and it blows the ebony one i had out of the water. i even had to stretch out the strings so it would stay in tune. the gold hardware makes it look as good as it plays. i played it with my marshall stack and it sounds brilliant. i am totally satisfied with it. just though i'd share that since it was kind of an ordeal to get it.
"You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    That is wonderful news.

Now, Gibson needs to pull their head out of their ass. A lot of these newer clone manufacturers are making much cheaper, decent guitars. Gibson has no right to charge $4000 for a total piece of garbage. Whatever happened to quality control?

I'm happy to hear you got it all sorted out though!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    You paid $4000 for a new Gibson Les Paul Custom?

:(
  • Wow....did you get anything else from Gibson for their screw up??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    You paid $4000 for a new Gibson Les Paul Custom?

:(

no, sorry i got it for $2300 b/c my friend is a manager at guitar center.. if i didn't get that price i would have gotten something else. $4000 is the list price on the tag. i would never pay $4000 for a newer gibson, what do you think i am a dumbass?? j/k :)

• Wow....did you get anything else from Gibson for their screw up??

no i got nothing else aside from the usual case candy. i was hoping for a letter at least apoligizing for the ordeal but i got nothing. i guess the price break i got on it was enough for gibson. the thing plays incredibly though. i can post pics once i upload them.

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    no, sorry i got it for $2300 b/c my friend is a manager at guitar center.. if i didn't get that price i would have gotten something else. $4000 is the list price on the tag. i would never pay $4000 for a newer gibson, what do you think i am a dumbass?? j/k :)

$2300 is a very good price for a new custom. There are those who would pay 4k for a new Gibson, though. I am glad that you're not one of them :)