risrisrisris Posts: 81
Day 1 - Shut out. Chi 1 & Chi 2. Gutted

Day 2 - 11:00 am CC charge from Ticketstoday       
            11:30 am  2nd CC charge
             Got both?
             3:30 pm still no email confirmation of
             tickets. Email Ticketstoday 

Day 3 -  Still no response or confirmation email

So essentially I don’t know whether to be excited or gutted. Maybe it’s because I’m purchasing only a single ticket?

I don’t know. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Comments

• jdwyer02jdwyer02 Posts: 110
    I got tickets to Chi N 2. Still waiting on my refund from when said they would refund my tix.  So far they have charged me twice for a set of tickets
    "Many people don't know what their life is worth. I do....70 Grand!"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    That's brutal.  The lack of communication from 10c and TM here is just so bad.  It's really hard to be this bad at your job but they sure found a way!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    You are not alone. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    The lack of communication from 10c and TM here is just so bad.
    It really is. i don't understand why it's so hard to just let people know what's going on. I see it everywhere and it makes no sense. In my business, I always make sure to keep my clients informed, especially when something is going wrong.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    mattcoz said:
    It really is. i don't understand why it's so hard to just let people know what's going on. I see it everywhere and it makes no sense. In my business, I always make sure to keep my clients informed, especially when something is going wrong.

Yep.  It's pretty basic.  We all know this was a massive fuckup.  Ignoring it just pisses off your paying customers even more.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    I do wonder if/when Ticketstoday had to shift focus from resolving PJ issues to handle U2 presales yesterday. Seems like a perfect storm of two large acts and high volumes of fan club presales overwhelming one company.
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    Can someone explain to me how Seat Geek has all of these tickets for Pearl Jam already posted for a concert that hasn't gone on sale yet including shows that are non transferable tickets? Someone is selling 8 tickets in GA for Chicago night 2! 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    PD279656 said:
    Can someone explain to me how Seat Geek has all of these tickets for Pearl Jam already posted for a concert that hasn't gone on sale yet including shows that are non transferable tickets? Someone is selling 8 tickets in GA for Chicago night 2! 
    It was in the description from PJ about the tickets.  The state of Illinois has a law that does not allow PJ/ticketmaster to control what you do with tickets you buy.  So you can sell them however to whomever you wish.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PD279656 said:

They could also be doing speculative listing too.  They don't have them. But if sold, they have until they day before they show to acquire them,.
  • L1quidL1quid Posts: 75
    Am I crazy or are my Ten Club tickets in the 3rd level of the United Center?  Do they come with Pearl Jam binoculars??
  • risrisrisris Posts: 81
    mattcoz said:

Exactly. When something goes wrong at work that affects one of my patrons, you let them know what’s going on. They might be unhappy but at least you communicated with them and then tried to offer a solution. 

How long would it have taken to write an email and explain what’s going on?

5 minutes?
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    PD279656 said:
    It was in the description from PJ about the tickets.  The state of Illinois has a law that does not allow PJ/ticketmaster to control what you do with tickets you buy.  So you can sell them however to whomever you wish.
    I know in Illinois you can but how did someone get 8 GA tickets? How are they selling a ton of St. Paul tickets? 
  • tim131tim131 Austin Posts: 44
    PD279656 said:
    PD279656 said:
    I know in Illinois you can but how did someone get 8 GA tickets? How are they selling a ton of St. Paul tickets? 
    Anyone can list any ticket they want for any price they want, regardless of whether they have it.

I can go on and list a GA for $1200 - I don't have to deliver it to the buyer until a few days before hand, plenty of time to procure a GA to fulfill the order. I could get it from F2F or I could get it from the secondary market (seatgeek, stubhub) for cheaper than $1200 - it's essentially a speculative market!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Basic question: did you check your spam folder? Most of the Ticketstoday emails go into my spam folder, no idea why.
  • risrisrisris Posts: 81
    Suziemay said:
    Basic question: did you check your spam folder? Most of the Ticketstoday emails go into my spam folder, no idea why.
    I did. They always come to my inbox but had to check. 

Update:  I did finally get my confirmation. But don’t know where I’m sitting 
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    L1quid said:
    Am I crazy or are my Ten Club tickets in the 3rd level of the United Center?  Do they come with Pearl Jam binoculars??
    don't give them any new merch ideas!
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    L1quid said:
    For an extra 100 dollars dontated to a local cherity,you can get a 2x monocular.😂