10 Club tickets on the floor or behind the stage

Noticed some members win the lottery and get floor seats behind the GA fans.
Last St. Louis show was my first time sitting behind the stage. Awesome view but the sound wasn’t the greatest.
If you had to choose between these 2 locations what’s the best in your opinion?

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Personally, I always want to be out front even if the seats aren't great. And I'm tall enough that the floor doesn't bother me. But I get why others prefer rear stage. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    edited April 2023
    I've had a few rows behind GA and loved it. Most of the time there is a 20ft gap from the last fan in the PIT and the rail that ends GA. Makes for a nice view. My napkin math says if you're more than 15 rows back on the floor, then it's a crapshoot. Factor in your height, how far back the seats are, and if you're on an aisle in either location.
    Post edited by Gibson on
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    When I sat behind the stage at Seattle 2013, I felt detached from the band.  But I was able to absorb the crowd.  At 5'10", I'm on my tippie-toes when I have seats near the soundboard.  Personally, I'd prefer upper deck over those 2 options.
  • CopperTom said:
    When I sat behind the stage at Seattle 2013, I felt detached from the band.  But I was able to absorb the crowd.  At 5'10", I'm on my tippie-toes when I have seats near the soundboard.  Personally, I'd prefer upper deck over those 2 options.
    Yeah, standing next to the board has great sound but the view is pretty bad.
  • pthomnpthomn Posts: 116
    I saw another guy post he had the worst lottery draw. I'm right behind him. chicago section 321, its not in front or the side or the rear, its in the upper back corner. somehow clicking GA/Reserved seating ended up here. I guess I didn't read the fine print. oh well. 
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    I set directly to the side of the stage one time. Best Tickets I ever had. 
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Seats behind the stage aren’t all that bad.  Last year at MSG…

"Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • JC29866JC29866 Posts: 85
    I think it depends on the type of person you are, how many shows you’ve seen and the type of experience you want to have.  Personally, I like to mix it up after seeing so many PJ shows - side stage or rear view can allow for a more behind the scenes aspect, if you’re into that sort of thing. If it’s your first show, then forward-facing on the floor is the way to go. 
  • GarasaurasGarasauras Posts: 231
    Behind the stage can be great. You are close, with great perspective of the stage and band. First time was Toronto 2011. I sat there with no expectations and loved it. The experience is different than in front of course, but you’re right there seeing what the band sees out front. and you see cool stuff. In that case I watched Chris and Neil hanging to our left backstage. And then there’s other cool moments, for example, I was behind Mike and Jeff. After Not Fir You, I saluted Mike with a cheers holding my beer up, and he responded with a finger point. Kind of a cool moment for all one and a half seconds of it. But it made my night. As others have said, depends on what your expectations are for the moment. 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    If you’re under 6 foot tall the floor behind GA can be awful.. my wife hated it and now refuses to sit on the floor again and we’ve had 2nd row floor twice…she’s 5’4”. If you’re in GA you can at least find a spot without basketball players in front if you, on floor seats it is what it is.. so if you’re short go for behind stage, unless you want to watch the screens most of the show…
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    I had public seats at Philly 2016 II. It was awesome. The energy when they played TEN in its entirety was amazing. The rest of the show wasn't quite as good as the energy kinda dissipated after the album was completed. i spent the rest of the show wandering around the upper deck. btw i almost got roofied by some freaky couple up in the rafters. luckily i didn't drink the beer as someone tipped me off. 

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    myoung321 said:
    If you’re under 6 foot tall the floor behind GA can be awful.. my wife hated it and now refuses to sit on the floor again and we’ve had 2nd row floor twice…she’s 5’4”. If you’re in GA you can at least find a spot without basketball players in front if you, on floor seats it is what it is.. so if you’re short go for behind stage, unless you want to watch the screens most of the show…
    Yup, back of the floor is the worst for me at 5'6". GA is a struggle too, but I can usually shuffle around to find a good spot, and nothing beats being in that crowd up front. I've never done behind the stage, so I can't really say. Best seats for me are 100 levels on the side. I have no idea what to expect from this seat reassignment, I was in the back of the 100 level when I finally got my confirmations.
    lolobugg said:
    I had public seats at Philly 2016 II. It was awesome. The energy when they played TEN in its entirety was amazing. The rest of the show wasn't quite as good as the energy kinda dissipated after the album was completed. i spent the rest of the show wandering around the upper deck. btw i almost got roofied by some freaky couple up in the rafters. luckily i didn't drink the beer as someone tipped me off. 
    Feel free to expand on the almost roofied situation and how did someone tip you off.
  • lolobugg said:
    Imagine what Oscars would have been like after
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    smile6680 said:
    lolobugg said:
    Feel free to expand on the almost roofied situation and how did someone tip you off.
    lol.. so this chick starts grabbing my ass but she is obviously with a guy. he is acting oblivious to this chick just trying to make out with me. so they leave and then come back with an extra beer. the dude says something to me like this is my chick. i said yeah but she aint acting like it. anyway the chick gives me a beer. i start to drink it. the girl behind me taps me on the shoulder and shakes her head "NO" don't drink it. so i set it down. apparently these two freaks had some weird "threesome" trying to happen. they slipped something in that drink she gave me. so i owe that young lady thanks or else i probably would've ended up murdered in PHILLY somewhere. weird thing is i was with a whole group of people that night but they all had better seats than me since i ended up deciding to go on the spur of the moment.  anyway long story long...... hope you enjoyed the story as much as i enjoyed that concert. 

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolobugg said:
    lol. you would've been identifying my body in the PHILLY morgue. love u man!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolobugg said:
    smile6680 said:
    lolobugg said:
    lol.. so this chick starts grabbing my ass but she is obviously with a guy. he is acting oblivious to this chick just trying to make out with me. so they leave and then come back with an extra beer. the dude says something to me like this is my chick. i said yeah but she aint acting like it. anyway the chick gives me a beer. i start to drink it. the girl behind me taps me on the shoulder and shakes her head "NO" don't drink it. so i set it down. apparently these two freaks had some weird "threesome" trying to happen. they slipped something in that drink she gave me. so i owe that young lady thanks or else i probably would've ended up murdered in PHILLY somewhere. weird thing is i was with a whole group of people that night but they all had better seats than me since i ended up deciding to go on the spur of the moment.  anyway long story long...... hope you enjoyed the story as much as i enjoyed that concert. 
    This might be an odd question, but they weren't from Wisconsin were they? We are pretty sure it was this weird couple from Wisconsin that roofied my buddy at the PJ House of Blues event in between Fenway shows later that year. 

JimmyV said:
    lolobugg said:
    smile6680 said:
    lolobugg said:
    This might be an odd question, but they weren't from Wisconsin were they? We are pretty sure it was this weird couple from Wisconsin that roofied my buddy at the PJ House of Blues event in between Fenway shows later that year. 
    Not sure but it probably was the same couple. i really couldn't have a conversation with them because this was going on while TEN was being played and i was trying to enjoy the show. Can you provide more info on these fucks?  people should seriously watch out for them. what happened to your friend?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolobugg said:
    JimmyV said:
    lolobugg said:
    smile6680 said:
    lolobugg said:
    Not sure but it probably was the same couple. i really couldn't have a conversation with them because this was going on while TEN was being played and i was trying to enjoy the show. Can you provide more info on these fucks?  people should seriously watch out for them. what happened to your friend?
    Unfortunately no. We tried to trace his steps backwards the next day and this weird couple who I wouldn't even recognize today just stood out. He put his drink down on a table and they were standing behind us, in perfect position to drop something in. We only chatted with them briefly and I don't remember much about them other than that they were from Wisconsin and seemed kind of out of place. It was a Ten Club event and that was the only way to get tickets, but these two didn't even know PJ has played Fenway the night before. They stuck out as not really belonging there. So when he got dosed, they became likely suspects. 

Anyways...watch your drinks and don't take any from couples looking to party!

JimmyV said:
    lolobugg said:
    JimmyV said:
    lolobugg said:
    smile6680 said:
    lolobugg said:
    Unfortunately no. We tried to trace his steps backwards the next day and this weird couple who I wouldn't even recognize today just stood out. He put his drink down on a table and they were standing behind us, in perfect position to drop something in. We only chatted with them briefly and I don't remember much about them other than that they were from Wisconsin and seemed kind of out of place. It was a Ten Club event and that was the only way to get tickets, but these two didn't even know PJ has played Fenway the night before. They stuck out as not really belonging there. So when he got dosed, they became likely suspects. 

Anyways...watch your drinks and don't take any from couples looking to party!
    thanks. and yes... watch your drinks, 10clubbers

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolobugg said:
    smile6680 said:
    lolobugg said:
    Crazy. at least someone warned you.
    smile6680 said:
    lolobugg said:
    smile6680 said:
    lolobugg said:
    Crazy. at least someone warned you.
    yeah. for real. if that lady is reading this...... then THANK YOU!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    lol. you would've been identifying my body in the PHILLY morgue. love u man!!!
    Mah, we would have been carrying you around with us, Weekend At Bernies style.  Pretty sure that happens all the time at Oscars.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved