United Center sound....

Please, make it better.... My last show I swore never to be 300 again. Please, make the balance better. 200 and under is always amazing and sounds great. 300 level is bad, crowd and sound distortion, normally sucks. I'm glad I have tickets yet a 300 opt out would be great next time.

Comments

• Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    jimnelsen said:
    Please, make it better.... My last show I swore never to be 300 again. Please, make the balance better. 200 and under is always amazing and sounds great. 300 level is bad, crowd and sound distortion, normally sucks. I'm glad I have tickets yet a 300 opt out would be great next time.
    What row are you in?

I agree that the middle of the 300 level sound is awful.

in my experience, from maybe row 10 upward, it’s get progressively better. 

Sat in a few different rows there in earlier years.
  • jimnelsenjimnelsen Posts: 73
    Haha 300 level row 1 &10.  But all my Dave shows sounded bad at 300 level. Pumpkins I was close 100 level in 2001. And Pearl jam normally I was ticketmaster100 level.
    Haha 300 level row 1 &10.  But all my Dave shows sounded bad at 300 level. Pumpkins I was close 100 level in 2001. And Pearl jam normally I was ticketmaster100 level.
    jimnelsen said:
    For Dave, do you happen to remember if you were in front, middle or top of 300 level?
    I saw 2 shows( Dave wise) I was middle as well as top. Both a can of soup. Even the dude bootlegging the show sounded like shit.
    I'm in that is all that matters. Feel sorry for the ones left out.
  • terrible venue for a concert. horrible acoustics. and that place is why i'm almost deaf in one ear. havent been there since pj in 2009. 
    2009 was a good show! I was there
    Hmmm I sat in center of 300 level and right center before in rows 12 - 17 with remarkably clear sound.

was for the Stones and for McCartney
    To quote a true pj fan. Hope it is. 2013 and 2014 are a long way away.
  • go prego pre Posts: 661
    I saw PJ at United Center in 2003. I was first row of the upper deck (not sure what level that is) on Mike’s side and thought it sounded like shit.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    Yep at that show as well. Like I said I'm in the building, all that matters. please, fix the sound.
  • 2003 is the show i met a guy who was taking his young son to his first show and he was trying to upgrade his 300 level seats. i've been to plenty kf shows so i traded my floor seats to him straight up. him and his kid were teary eyed. it felt good to help make that memory so special for them. the concert sounded terrible from up there. 
    2003 is the show i met a guy who was taking his young son to his first show and he was trying to upgrade his 300 level seats. i've been to plenty kf shows so i traded my floor seats to him straight up. him and his kid were teary eyed. it felt good to help make that memory so special for them. the concert sounded terrible from up there. 
    The last thought is fantastically timed.

awesome thing to do though honestly!
  • Is junk. 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    United Center is a 30 year old venue... one of the reasons we passed on Chicago this time around and went for Texas..both venues are much smaller, modern and built with acoustics in mind.. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 941
    I saw Rage at the UC last July and I thought the sound was fine. I was at the back of the 100 level at the opposite end from the stage.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    Looks like they upgraded the sound system in 2019. 

Complementing the new scoreboard, the United Center is installing a fully customized, production-level sound system that will deliver more balanced, seamless and powerful audio to fans and visitors of all events.

https://arenadigest.com/2019/03/21/new-united-center-center-hung-videoboard-sound-system-to-be-installed/

• jimnelsen said:
    Awesome. Was already bummed to win nosebleed seats in the ticket lottery ( realize beggars can't be choosers but if these are the seats reserved for fanclub members, that sucks). Was worried about sound being terrible up there. Might just have to sell on fan to fan. 
  • Reads11Reads11 Posts: 101
    Went here once in early 2000s and swore never to go back. Keeping that promise 😂