Would this be a better system for ticket lotteries?

BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
I didn't put in for any tickets for this tour because I'm not interested in travelling to shows as much anymore, so this isn't a sour grapes complaint post. But this idea came to me reading the board after the 2020 ticket lottery. I got my 1st and 3rd priority shows in that drawing but many people were saying they didn't get their top priority show. Some people's top priority show was the one I got as my 3rd choice. It seemed a little unfair I was picked for 2 shows while others were missing out on the only show in their town on the tour.

So I thought 10C could do 2 drawings for each tour. The first drawing, you only put in for your 1, single, highest priority show. This would allow more people to get tickets to shows, especially the people that can only go to their hometown show. Then, a second lottery with its own new entries can be held with the remaining tickets where you can put in and prioritize for as many shows as you want. Shows like NYC would be nearly impossible to get after the first drawing but shows like that are nearly impossible to get if not top priority with the current system. Who knows? It might even spread peoples' top choice around and make it easier for locals to get tickets to some of the more popular cities.

I guess this would be less advantageous to the travelling fans that go to a pile of shows every tour, but I think it would allow more individual ticket winners and greatly help out the single-show attendees. Not sure if this would work or if there is something I'm missing. Tell me what you think...

Comments

• BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    Bump...

Ticket lottery time seems like a good time to ask this again
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    Respectfully, I don't see how your suggestion differed from the priority system that had one draw. I see that you got 3rd priority seats that others said they put in as 1st priority, but there could have been other factors. You may have opted for seats whilst they did not, or the complainers were lying just to say the draw was rigged, human error with their entries...

Unfortunately, no system will please everyone. Your idea in theory makes sense, but I guarantee that someone would find a way to be upset if it was implemented.

1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    Easiest way to keep people from traveling to heeps of shows and give others access to their hometown shows is to raise ticket prices.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg