Indy…where are you staying if coming from out of town

cbay19cbay19 Posts: 16
Wondering where people are staying.  I might stay in nearby Fisher.  Fairfield Marriott. 

Comments

• Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    Hotels

Wyndham Noblesville - 13500 Tegler Dr, Noblesville, IN 46060
    Embassy Suites Noblesville - 13700 Conference Ctr Dr S, Noblesville, IN 46060
    Holiday Inn Express - 13625 Tegler Dr, Noblesville, IN 46060
    Fairfield Inn & Suites - 17960 Foundation Dr, Noblesville, IN 46060
    Courtyard by Marriot - 17863 Foundation Dr, Noblesville, IN 46060

Camping

SleepyBear Campground - 13231 E 146th St, Noblesville, IN 46060 (sleepybearcampground.com) Don't wait to book if you wanna go there
    Close-by Campground - 14475 Marilyn Rd, Noblesville, IN 46060
    Dead Creek Campground - 12587 E 156th St, Noblesville, IN 46060

*Unsure if Close-by or Dead Creek will be open for PJ - Usually only for multi day shows but they might

Stay somewhere else in Noblesville (Super 8/Baymont) at your own risk. They aren't known for being the nicest but not dangerous or anything. Otherwise look in Fishers at 116th Street or 96th Street. Carmel and Westfield will also work but you will be a decent distance.
  • cbay19cbay19 Posts: 16
    Pottsy199 said:
    Hotels

Camping

SleepyBear Campground - 13231 E 146th St, Noblesville, IN 46060 (sleepybearcampground.com) Don't wait to book if you wanna go there

*Unsure if Close-by or Dead Creek will be open for PJ - Usually only for multi day shows but they might

Stay somewhere else in Noblesville (Super 8/Baymont) at your own risk. They aren't known for being the nicest but not dangerous or anything. Otherwise look in Fishers at 116th Street or 96th Street. Carmel and Westfield will also work but you will be a decent distance.
    Thank you for responding and the information 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    Pottsy199 said:
    Hotels

Camping

My parents used to live just off of 96th at I-69. It is a nice area, with hotels and plenty of restaurants. 
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    We did Sleepy Bear campground in May 2010 for PJ. It was fun until the storms came overnight and damn near blew the tent down. Now, 13 years older, I am thinking we may just do the Wyndham. It's only a 20-min walk to the venue.
  • DC29940DC29940 Posts: 661
    My buddy's house which is 9 minutes from the venue :)
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    The walkable hotels are booked, by the way.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • CooterCooter Posts: 157
    I booked the Springfield Suites yesterday in Westfield. Cheaper than Carmel and basically the same drive. I'm hoping to use the backroads to avoid all the 69 traffic, but be forewarned that traffic will be a mess, although Sundays are usually better.
  • TRoshfordTRoshford Posts: 80
    When the first "rumor" dropped I booked the Embassy right next to the venue in Noblesville for $99/night for 2 nights.  Last I checked it was $190/night and hearing that it's sold out now.  Lucky me!
    * Grant Park, Chicago - Aug 05, 2006
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 23, 2009
    * United Center, Chicago - Aug 24, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 27, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 28, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 30, 2009
    * Wachovia Spectrum, Philadelphia - Oct 31, 2009
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Indianapolis - May 07, 2010
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 3, 2011 (PJ20)
    * Alpine Valley Music Theater, East Troy - Sept 4, 2011 (PJ20)
    *Wrigley Field, Chicago - July 19, 2013
    *Italia Stadio Olympico, Rome Italy - June 26, 2018. (no I did not get a poster!)
    *Golden 1 Center, Sacramento - May 18, 2022 -- CANCELLED
    *MGM Grand Arena - May 20, 2022 --CANCELLED 
    *Ball Arena, Denver - Sept 22, 2022
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville- Sept 10, 2023 -- POSTPONED FML
    *Ruoff Music Center, Noblesville - Aug 26, 2024
  • My crib, throwing Pool Jam party 9/9… psyched they’re back in Indy!  
  • For those coming into town be aware that traffic is worse than in previous years.  Used to live 5 minutes from Deer Creek (moved a couple years ago) and traffic is worse than ever.  You can go to a couple local restaurants and take a shuttle bus.  Saxony Pizzeria runs one for every show in my old neighborhood 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    Embassy suites here off that list above
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    Just booked Holiday Inn Carmel North - Westfield 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • cbay19cbay19 Posts: 16
    edited April 2023
    TRoshford said:
    When the first "rumor" dropped I booked the Embassy right next to the venue in Noblesville for $99/night for 2 nights.  Last I checked it was $190/night and hearing that it's sold out now.  Lucky me!
    TRoshford.   When did you book? When was the first rumor?  Just curious because I booked last week but stupidly booked the wrong dates.  
    Post edited by cbay19 on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    I just cancelled Holiday Inn Express so a room just opened up there.
    I'm about 4 minutes from the venue. If anyone has any specific questions hit me with a PM and I'll be happy to answer. I've got the lawn pass so I'll be at the Pumpkins show on Saturday as well. If you're coming in on Saturday that will be an entertainment option.

I think the Indians are in town that weekend too. Victory Field is a jewel of a minor league stadium. Downtown from Noblesville is about 30-35 min drive. I'll be tailgating for the shows so if you need a hangout spot gimme a shout come September. 
  • JE224127JE224127 Posts: 443
    Hey @Pottsy199, thanks for all the info. Can you chime in on the best Ruoff add on? Seems like they have some nice options like Coors VIP Deck and Premier Club, etc. Thanks!
    Green Room is new (2022 season). It's actually backstage in South pavilion (near the Lone Pine Lounge). Really nice patio area with tables/chairs, air-conditioned bar and restrooms, some seating inside the bar area (if it's super-hot would be awesome), I believe they have the tv screens in there (assuming the band allows the feed), preshow acoustic singer/songwriter or small band typically. No view of stage. You'll be hobnobbing with the wealthy of Indy who in 8/10 cases are more there for the Instagram photos than the music. Cool experience though for sure. I haven't sat there but I have been back in that area in the past before it was built. It looks really nice via pictures I've seen. 

VIP Club is a covered/open air area in the South pavilion. 3 private bars/ac restrooms there's also a restaurant. Tables/chairs/couches. It's two floors and if you get there early to sit upstairs on the end you can see the stage, but it would be a pretty wide angle and I assume is a partly obstructed view of the stage due to the pillars of the pavilion. It used to be one story, but they built a second floor back in 2021. It has a live band before the show. 7/10 cases are the Instagram folks. 

Premier Club
    is partially covered/partially open area with table/chairs, tv screens of the live feed (if the band allows that), private bar, separate AC bathrooms, fans. No view of the stage. It's more a pre-show hang spot than anything. In my opinion, it isn't worth the money they charge. If it's 100 degrees it is the cheapest way to get shade. The beer/bathroom lines can get long for a sold-out show but there's so many it's not ever a dire issue. So really, it's for preshow hangs and shade. Used to be called "Rockstar Club" and a few other names way back in the day. 

Coors Light Party Deck is at the top of the lawn dead center of the stage. Great sightline but you are a long way away from stage. They have a bar with seating and around 15-20 tables with chairs. There are 5-6 tables that line the front of the deck. If you get one of those then it's a great view. If you don't get one of those tables though, then you're looking past those tables/people and/or are on the sides of the deck mostly stacked one behind the next. You get (3) free drink tickets (12oz beer, water, soda) maybe seltzers or wine in a can but I can't recall. They also give you a giftbag. Last year it had a Coors Light T-shirt, Coors Light koozie, lanyard, bottle opener, maybe one or two other small trinkets and it comes in one of those drawstring backpacks (Coors Light branded of course). I figure with the drinks and gift bag you're getting about $40 in value so split the difference on ticket price and if that sounds good to you. It's worth the money. No private bathroom but the top of lawn bathrooms are right behind it/down the stairs.

Lone Pine Lounge is a big wooden deck that's adjacent to the South pavilion across from the VIP Club. It's a rather extreme sight angle BUT if you get in one of the first 2-3 tables then it's a nice elevated clear area of the stage. Problem is if you don't get there early enough to grab one of those tables then you couldn't pay me to sit there because of the angle and other people's heads. You do get your own bar and it's right near the main South pavilion bathrooms. 

Overlook Lawn Deck is at the top of the lawn in the corners of the venue. Each is tiered in 4 levels. You'll have a great unobstructed view of the stage from any seat but it's on the wings so you're not going to see the video screen behind the band. They have their own bar. No restrooms but they are at the bottom of the hill. I personally think the angle is too extreme, but I understand the allure for some. 

VIP Parking is a private lot with a private entrance and after the show they hold traffic to let you out. It's a small lot so if you absolutely have to get out quick and are averse to leaving early, that's the spot. It costs a ton though and if you PM me towards the show. I'll give you my tips for getting out quick from the main lot. 

Premiere Parking is a special lot as well. There's one on the East side of the venue and one on the North side of the venue. I would always suggest the North side, but some might argue that point with me. You essentially get a spot that's generally a closer walk to the main gate. During exit you have a specific gate exit that's only for Premiere Parking which can help speed up your exit but again...I wouldn't say it's worth the price. Usually, an older crowd back there as well if that matters to you for your tailgating.

If you end up just sitting in the lawn. You'll find me between G & H under the 2 like I've been doing since I was a young teen for the past 26 years or so. Lots of regulars who I've met. We only see each other at shows but it's a little lawn community of sorts. Good for holding spots, watching your stuff so you don't have to carry it with you each time you go for a beer/food/restroom. It's far enough off the middle to avoid the crazies, not far enough to the ends to have a bad view/be unable to see the back screen, wedged between two big stacks of speakers for great sound and most everyone passes with their left hand. 
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Great info here! Thanks! I am booked in Fishers. 
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,633
    Wyndham - $130 per night before the announcement. Only booked one night and was too dumb to book the night before as well.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• JE224127JE224127 Posts: 443
    Awesome info about the various spots, thank you!
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,225
    Just booked the Embassy Suites not cheap for 2 nights.. but it’s me an 2 other adults and 3 kids lol..least we can walk to the venue! Thanks for the solid tips!
    pjbugs007 said:
    Just booked the Embassy Suites not cheap for 2 nights.. but it’s me an 2 other adults and 3 kids lol..least we can walk to the venue! Thanks for the solid tips!
    Where did you book it at? What website? Thanks!
    Hotel.com and their website. Had a couple rooms available.
    pjbugs007 said:
    Hotel.com and their website. Had a couple rooms available.
    Huh. Says sold out for me. But good find and glad it worked out!
    edited April 2023
    Just look d book 9/9-9/11 .. 3 adults had a room available right from the hotels main webpage.
  • lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 611
    edited April 2023
    Hopefully one of the three hotels near the venue get some openings. I hate HATE the parking situation at this venue. Any shed really. I always have to bail a song or 2 before the end to beat traffic. With that said currently I am booked at the Ironworks hotel. About 20 minutes from the venue.

Edit: The embassy is available. 2 night minimum stay. They will not let you book just the 10th. I just called.
    Post edited by lowbudgetlush on
    pjbugs007 said:
    Just look d book 9/9-9/11 .. 3 adults had a room available right from the hotels main webpage.
    That's the issue! We can only come down for one night. I was checking for 9/10-9/11. But thanks for following up!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,430
    Hopefully one of the three hotels near the venue get some openings. I hate HATE the parking situation at this venue. Any shed really. I always have to bail a song or 2 before the end to beat traffic. With that said currently I am booked at the Ironworks hotel. About 20 minutes from the venue.
    Yeah I hate to leave any concert early but we tend to do that to avoid the rush. The last thing I want to do is sit in traffic at the end. And with PJ we all know what the last few songs are and I don't get a big kick out of watching them wave to the crowd at the end.  We'll leave during Alive or YL, hit the restroom on the way out and then drive right out of the lot.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • theebradnesstheebradness Posts: 280
    edited April 2023
    Quality Inn Noblesville-Indianapolis    17070 Dragonfly Lane, Noblesville, IN
     just under $200 booked a couple days ago

me and my wife are on the Mississippi River side of Illinois and are driving that day, probably try and get there around 1, take a nap, head to the Deer Creek around 5 or 6. Or whenever gates open.

Post edited by theebradness on
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
    Gotcha!! Well good luck on your search!!  max8700 said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    That's the issue! We can only come down for one night. I was checking for 9/10-9/11. But thanks for following up!