Music In University

Koowani17Koowani17 Posts: 6
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi,
I'm going into grade eleven this year and have recently realized music is my passion and it's all I want to do. Does anyone know what the requirements are to get into a music program in university? Is there any way in hell I can learn what I need to know before I have to start applying for universities? Thanks a lot if you can help.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    i would take anyhting that has to do with music and english or creative writing classes
    but it really depends on what you want to do with music for your living.
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Well, the way my university does it, you can be a performance major in a specific instrument or you can major in composition or technology or music education.

From what I understand, anyone wanting to be a performance major needs prior experience. The rest will teach you as you go. Piano is the central instrument in almost any university music program, so if you want to work on something before applying, learn some piano.

Search out the universities you might be interested in, and look at their requirements... most schools should have comprehensive information included in their web sites.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Do what they said and start getting ready to live off Ramen noodles and asking "would you like fries with that?".