What’s the deal with Chicago ticket transferability?

DB2707DB2707 Posts: 67
edited April 2023 in The Porch
Is there some law in Illinois that prohibits putting restrictions on transferring concert tickets?

I think I recall NY having the same rule but I’m pretty sure iMSG was still limited to F2F transfers last tour.  

Thanks in advance. 
Post edited by DB2707 on

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,633
    Ten Club does not allow these tickets to be transferred at all shows. In Illinois you can RESELL FOR MORE THAN FACE... but all others are resell at face only though the Fan 2 Fan 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Ten Club does not allow these tickets to be transferred at all shows. In Illinois you can RESELL FOR MORE THAN FACE... but all others are resell at face only though the Fan 2 Fan 
    Sadly, this hurts Chicago-based fans because people will abuse the market where they can (like they do for MSG shows). 

Crossing my fingers I don’t get shut out. 
  • DB2707DB2707 Posts: 67
    Got it thanks 
    tschav said:
    Sadly, this hurts Chicago-based fans because people will abuse the market where they can (like they do for MSG shows). 

Crossing my fingers I don’t get shut out. 
    True, it's sad.. good luck!!!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,812
    edited April 2023
    In Illinois
    1) 10C tickets for face value only, per 10C policy.
    2) Other tickets for whatever you can get, per the people who make the laws.
    3) PJ Premium for.... IDK.

Other shows this tour:
    1) 10C tickets for face value only via Fan2Fan.
    2) Other tickets for face value only via Fan2Fan.
    3) PJ Premium for whatever the hell those go for...don't freak and buy these. If you buy an $850 ticket and can't go, you're stick with an $850 ticket.

The legislators make the laws and we know who they remember when it comes time for them to make the laws... certainly not us regular jabronis.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Yeah...I was concerned when they threw out that big Illinois warning, that it would tempt some people not going to this tour to buy Chicago tickets to resell. We'll see I guess.

I think that the shows are on Tuesday and Thursday will help limit the shenanigans. Those are about the 2 most inconvenient days of the week to do a 2 day run in a city that you can come up with.

As far as I know, doing that can still get your membership revoked? Unless it conficts with the law...I dont know. Hopefully people dont try it.
    "As far as I know, doing that can still get your membership revoked? Unless it conficts with the law...I dont know. Hopefully people dont try it."

10C will revoke your membership if they catch 10C tix being resold at > face value. Don't try it unless you don't care about membership seniority.