Still possible to swap GA and reserved at show? 2023 shows…

myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
edited April 2023 in Given To Fly (live)
I’m sure this has been answered, but can’t find it. My apologies … 

If you win GA seats in the upcoming lottery for 2023 shows is still possible to swap with other members for their Reserved? I remember it used to be easy, just meet the member outside before show and make the trade/swap, but with the new rules and digital tickets, is it even possible to make such a trade/swap?  

On a side not, I made several friends here doing such trades in the past…it’s shame if the club members have lost this way to interact with fellow members. 
"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

Post edited by myoung321 on

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    You can't "trade"... you can go in together with whomever has the tickets in their account. Cannot transfer a ticket to another person
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    You can't "trade"... you can go in together with whomever has the tickets in their account. Cannot transfer a ticket to another person
    Right, I understand that, but it really doesn't really answer the question. Can you enter or meet after entering and swap the wrist band to someone else? or is it put on by them so you can't do that?.. you used to just get the wrist band and put it on before going into the GA area.

but you're right.."Trade" was wrong word to use... fixed

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    myoung321 said:
    Since we don't pick up tickets and wristbands ahead anymore.... no. The wristbands get put on when you go in GA gate and get scanned.
    edited April 2023
    myoung321 said:
    Since we don't pick up tickets and wristbands ahead anymore.... no. The wristbands get put on when you go in GA gate and get scanned.
    So you'd have to go in with the person you're swapping with.. you with their phone and them with yours.. then trade back phones after entering... man I miss the good ole days when people met each other and made friendships from trading.. another aspect of Ten Club that has changed for the worse...just for profit.. sad

That must be how its done... showing several threads of people trading GA for Res on the last tour.. so I'm guessing that's how they did it.. ::shrug:::

• Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Or you trust people with your TM acct. Risky. Good thing a lot of people on here know each other. 
  • renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 84
    Or you trust people with your TM acct. Risky. Good thing a lot of people on here know each other. 
    What Dylan said. 
    Also last year I saw scalpers in action while in the merch line in Nashville.  The guy had a sheet full of email addresses/passwords and tickets.  The buyers would call him on his mobile and meet up with him in line. He would then take their phone, log-on to the TM app with the burner account and transfer the tickets to their Apple wallet.  
    It can be done, but it takes coordination and trust.

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• JE224127JE224127 Posts: 445
    I made a trade with a fellow member before Nash at a bar a few hours before the show. She logged into TM on my phone and added one of her GA tix to my Apple wallet. I logged into her phone and did the same with my floor seat. Pretty easy process, just takes some trust and coordination.
    Thanks for the responses!