Pearl Jam fan photos....I Got Id

ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
I wanted to reach out to the other women on the I Got Id (..shit) page..   I am the one on the lower right hand..wearing a rat mask, red Sox hat and crayons shirt. I'm also one of the people in the Let's Play film...and for the first time in my life, sitting in my wheelchair, Eddie tossed me a Tambourine (good gawd, Vedder DNA in my home!). In Let's Play, I'm waving a Boston Strong cloth and the Tambo. It was single handedly the best effing show of my life.

First off, that was likely my 2nd last concert, due to some really crappy health issues...and having a disabled section near the stage...just left me in tears...got to say hi to Jill, and the gimpy gang were really supportive of each other...passing out guitar picks that Mike threw towards us. Everyone got one.

I noticed a big thing on our page...(thanks @TanyaKang)... we all have some physical similarities.  We are all a little oversized, and we have a vibe of "life has been fucking hell" for us. I don't know about you, but when I saw who shared the song with me...I felt like I was put in the correct tribe. My line is "where I'm not ugly and you're looking at me."  Most of the time I feel like the world doesn't 

Fact is, even when I was a thin thing.. my health issues were the only people saw. IBS, Ehlers-Danlos  (dislocations and means I walk weird), often i just use a wheelchair.. There are other disorders,  too. As I developed other issues...Hashimotos... all people saw was a fat girl. Yay .(sigh)

But my life was filled with so much abuse, sexual, physical and mental.... you live 59 years like that and you start to recognize the screaming in the eyes of others. There's a deep, intrinsic sadness. Tanya's photos really showed US...and unlike other pages in her book...we seem to be a group of women who may not trust where the love comes from.

Maybe I'm reading too much, or maybe there are a few thousand words in each of our images. But, I felt something looking at these black and greyscale images that no other song seemed to illicit.  Her ability to put that song in each of those photos...and the emotions on each face...just real and raw. 

Hugging you all...
Ratmando 
When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau

Comments