Well, I'm off to pick up my new guitar.

celluloid_lovecelluloid_love Posts: 62
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
You might have remembered a while ago I was having trouble finding a new guitar. Well, for the moment I've settled on the Epiphone Elite ES335. (crappy picture that doesn't do it justice at all: http://www.venuemusic.com.au/ClientImages/Prod_2570.jpg)

Anyway, I'm gonna bring it home, try it out for a few days (I get a 10-day trial) and see if it really is the one I want.

Obviously I'm going to be doing a LOT of playing on it (I'm expecting at least 6 hours tonight :P). But the other thing I wanted to do was compare it with my old guitar so I can pick out exact differences between lower and higher end guitars. What I would like is if you could suggest any things to look out for when comparing the two. I hope that makes some sense.

Thanks.
WE'RE FAITHFULL
WE ALL BELIEVE
WE ALL BELIEVE IT
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    You might have remembered a while ago I was having trouble finding a new guitar. Well, for the moment I've settled on the Epiphone Elite ES335. (crappy picture that doesn't do it justice at all: http://www.venuemusic.com.au/ClientImages/Prod_2570.jpg)

Anyway, I'm gonna bring it home, try it out for a few days (I get a 10-day trial) and see if it really is the one I want.

Obviously I'm going to be doing a LOT of playing on it (I'm expecting at least 6 hours tonight :P). But the other thing I wanted to do was compare it with my old guitar so I can pick out exact differences between lower and higher end guitars. What I would like is if you could suggest any things to look out for when comparing the two. I hope that makes some sense.

Thanks.

Ahhhhhhh.

I want one too. I love that guitar. an affordable 335.

Note the feel, the sound. quality of the tone, body, richness, a general embodyment of good feelings, giddiness, looks, paint, hardware, etc.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I guess you guys can disregard this post, because the guitar is fucking amazing :D

Thanks anyway, I won't be leaving my room for the next 3 weeks. See you all after hybernation is complete!
    WE'RE FAITHFULL
    WE ALL BELIEVE
    WE ALL BELIEVE IT
    I guess you guys can disregard this post, because the guitar is fucking amazing :D

Thanks anyway, I won't be leaving my room for the next 3 weeks. See you all after hybernation is complete!

see, feelings of giddiness, it took you all of 3 seconds to tell the difference didn't it?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I guess you guys can disregard this post, because the guitar is fucking amazing :D

Cool. I own a non-elite Dot, love it. I have ordered a white toggle switch cap & all black top hat knobs to replace the the standard ones (to give it the look of the Gibson). I'll post another photo when I get them switched.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/safisher/DSCN1995.jpg
    "Fuckin' hippies!"
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    What pups are in that?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    What pups are in that?

USA built 57 classic copies.
  • I was playing it till 3AM last night :D

There are a couple of problems so far, the first being that the low E is buzzing on the screw in the (bridge) pickup that sits right below it. Obviously the bastards left it with the factory setup, so I'll take it in tomorrow. I convinced them to re-string it free of charge as well ;).

The other thing is that that little piece of metal holding up the scratchpad attachment has made a miniscule dent in the body (very very tiny). I don't really care, seeing as it doesn't affect the tone, but I guess you just don't expect it when you spend a lot on a good guitar.

Other than that, it's incredible. Really awesome guitar, I recommend it to anyone. It's also very versatile.
    WE'RE FAITHFULL
    WE ALL BELIEVE
    WE ALL BELIEVE IT
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    those screws in the pickups are easy (and are supposed to) turn.
  • I should hope so.

Although in the booklet it says your warranty will become void if you do it yourself, or something. So I'm just gonna take it into them.
    WE'RE FAITHFULL
    WE ALL BELIEVE
    WE ALL BELIEVE IT
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    USA built 57 classic copies.

I figured.... either Classic 57's or Burstbuckers.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.