Houston

dr122931dr122931 Posts: 460
I know the tour hasn't been announced, but it appears as though Houston is getting blackballed--again.  Last show was 2003 (woodlands).  
We have a great arena within 20 miles of 2 great airports.  4th largest city in the US.   

I enjoy traveling for shows, but still....What the fucking fuck? 

Comments

• GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    Better basketball team in Dallas 
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    can we at least until the announcement before we do this
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,868
    You are complaining about pj not coming to your city when nothing has been announced yet? 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    The cake has been taken. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Hope they make it there OP! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    JimmyV said:
    The cake has been taken. 

dr122931 said:
    I know the tour hasn't been announced, but it appears as though Houston is getting blackballed--again.  Last show was 2003 (woodlands).  
    We have a great arena within 20 miles of 2 great airports.  4th largest city in the US.   

I enjoy traveling for shows, but still....What the fucking fuck? 

We have two airports, each of which runs about 6 flights a day to Chicago... And Dallas and Austin are doable drives. I'm looking on the bright side: this tour will be very achievable.

I'm not holding my breath for Houston date(s) just looking forward to some shows.

Plus who the fuck wants to be in Houston september anyways? We're all well past sick of the heat by then - you can travel to a cold front instead of waiting for one in October. 
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,868
    I just heard, they aren’t playing Houston. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Zod said:

One of the all time greatest posts I've seen here.  
  • I just heard, they aren’t playing Houston. 
    Not a complete shocker, i just dont think they like the vibes here for whatever reason....  Im curious what you heard and where you heard it from.... would be nice if they visited the 4th largest city and my backyard :)
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I wonder if there is a promoter there they don't like doing business with. Consistently skipping that market otherwise does seem strange. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    JimmyV said:
    I wonder if there is a promoter there they don't like doing business with. Consistently skipping that market otherwise does seem strange. 
    The Arena downtown is not a live nation / ticketmaster exclusive venue.  It is technically owned by Tillman Fertita's group that owns the rockets.  The previous owner of the arena and rockets, Les Alexander, was notoriously jerkish about "his" arena and who got to use it... he literally kicked the Houston Areoes (AHL Franchise) out of the building when they tried to get aggressive in their tenant agreement.

And let's be honest, The Pavillion sucks.  In Houston traffic it can take over 2-hours to get there for weekday shows and the sound on the lawn is miserable.  If you're not under the tent you can't hear a thing.  In my experience they also frequently oversell the lawn, making it way too crowded.... the state capacity of the venue is only 16k, relatively small for an ampitheather.

In short, Houston doesn't have a great go-to option for a promoter.. and if you're Pearl Jam and that demand for you anywhere in the country is through the roof, why bother.

Let's not even mention Houston in September / start of October being prime hurricane season.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.