Options

Yield anniversary Re-issue

Ordered the yield reissue a month ago and still no word on shipment. Has anyone gotten their order?

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,221
    Says Aug 23
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,179
    late summer if you are talking about the vinyl me please red variant. It was a preorder.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Says Aug 23
    Thank you 🙏 I thought I saw March 31 somewhere 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    I didn't even bother with this one.  I might just to be a completist.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,854
    45rpm. Might just be killer...
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    I’ve never been crazy about the sound on the 1LP pressing. I’m excited to hear this new cut. 
  • Options
    Also, my hope is, if this lands, they’ll recut the rest of the catalog. 
  • Options
    McGruffMcGruff Island Of The Goon Posts: 40
    CROJAM95 said:
    Says Aug 23
    Nope.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    NOOO!! LOL 
    Yield is one of my favorite PJ records and although I have an original vinyl in nice shape, hearing that this reissue is high quality and 45 RPM makes it tempting.  But there's already too much on my want list that I don't have and I'm trying to reduce my consumption.  I'm going to have to really try to resist this one.  If you get it, please enjoy the hell out of it for me, haha!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,986
    brianlux said:
    NOOO!! LOL 
    Yield is one of my favorite PJ records and although I have an original vinyl in nice shape, hearing that this reissue is high quality and 45 RPM makes it tempting.  But there's already too much on my want list that I don't have and I'm trying to reduce my consumption.  I'm going to have to really try to resist this one.  If you get it, please enjoy the hell out of it for me, haha!
    I was tempted too but I passed for similar reasons. 

Having multiple copies of an album on varying formats isn't much of a priority for me anymore. I'll still pick up Vault releases when available but reissues of decades-old albums are pretty low on my priority list. 

Hate to be "that guy" but I still think the CD releases for PJ studio albums sound better than the majority of the same album on vinyl. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    I thought this was done for now like noyt being made?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    dudeman said:
    brianlux said:
    NOOO!! LOL 
    I was tempted too but I passed for similar reasons. 

Having multiple copies of an album on varying formats isn't much of a priority for me anymore. I'll still pick up Vault releases when available but reissues of decades-old albums are pretty low on my priority list. 

Hate to be "that guy" but I still think the CD releases for PJ studio albums sound better than the majority of the same album on vinyl. 

All good thinking, Dude, and if CDs work well for you, right on!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    It’s still getting pressed. It’s just not gonna be the first pressing at the VMP plant.
  • Options
    It’s still getting pressed. It’s just not gonna be the first pressing at the VMP plant.
    Just got an email about this, the updated shipping date is now October 13th.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I guess they're shipping a couple days early, got the notification yesterday that it's on its way.