*** the DONALD J TRUMP IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED FELON thread ***

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,694
    Funny all he talks about is kicking the brown folks out of the country yet all he does is walk around in brown face 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️
    True

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    Had a MAGA nut literally pull over next to my house and try to confront me in my yard yesterday. Came up to me and said I had the wrong sign up (we recently put a Harris sign in our yard). I thought he was kidding at first and laughingly responded, no, I don't. He then proceeded to tell me we needed to talk about it.  After about 10 minutes of him telling me Trump didn't lose the election, Trump doesn't lie, but Harris does, telling me I support killing babies and why the father and grandparents should have a say and the final straw about 10 year old boys getting their "wiener" chopped off, I told him we were done and he needed to leave. He argued with me a few minutes more and tried to keep talking, but finally relented and left, telling me I needed to look in to it because I was wrong.

Complete lunatic. Who stops by someone's house and starts a political argument. I'd expect to get shot if I did that to MAGA.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    tbergs said:
    Had a MAGA nut literally pull over next to my house and try to confront me in my yard yesterday. Came up to me and said I had the wrong sign up (we recently put a Harris sign in our yard). I thought he was kidding at first and laughingly responded, no, I don't. He then proceeded to tell me we needed to talk about it.  After about 10 minutes of him telling me Trump didn't lose the election, Trump doesn't lie, but Harris does, telling me I support killing babies and why the father and grandparents should have a say and the final straw about 10 year old boys getting their "wiener" chopped off, I told him we were done and he needed to leave. He argued with me a few minutes more and tried to keep talking, but finally relented and left, telling me I needed to look in to it because I was wrong.

Complete lunatic. Who stops by someone's house and starts a political argument. I'd expect to get shot if I did that to MAGA.
    It’s only going to get worse! They believe there is no way he can lose so they will resort to violence again except this time they will assault regular folks who they believe voted for the democrats, sorry no more hellos or nods of heads from me to anyone I don’t know personally they just might be who will be trying to knock my head off in a couple of months 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    https://www.threads.net/@marksklarowva/post/DA_Vs37J3bE?xmt=AQGzJAwdCYsuJQq6RPDalHzpGD_9Qz5jEW2rbNiiapCtCQ
    Another stat to add to his list of grifting! Fools just keep giving 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,713
    tbergs said:

it's crazy...otherwise fairly normal people that will morph into absolute idiots and push how great trump is, chemtrails, Biden's ability to create hurricanes, etc.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 736
    tbergs said:

Fascism is here. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,198
    what? bartiromo pushing back? who is this avartar and what have you done with maria?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    tbergs said:

be careful. that nut is going to come and steal your sign. someone ran over my obama sign and gave me a lawn job the first time he ran. 

people are fucking insane.

if we were anything like maga and we had a giant 64 x 96 inch harris flag hanging from our house they way they do with trump flags, they might try to burn the house down.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,713
    I'm in red meat Indiana...someone posted this in one of the "City Name Uncensored" facebook groups. Has like 200 comments...mostly pro trump

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 736
    mickeyrat said:
    what? bartiromo pushing back? who is this avartar and what have you done with maria?

To the viewers, she's the "heel", to borrow a wrestling term. The person who trump knocks down to make himself look good. She knows her part, he knows his, but the viewers see it as a legitimate discussion and side with him, the strong man. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,641
    njhaley1 said:
    tbergs said:

Fascism is here. 
    Damn right it is, but don’t take my word for it. And how some people spend their time, unbelievable.

Trump suggests heckler should ‘get the hell knocked out of her’ after rally

The remarks were part of a dark speech at a California rally where Trump called the U.S. an “occupied country.”

COACHELLA, Calif. — Former president Donald Trump suggested that a heckler would later get “the hell knocked out of her” during an insult-laced speech here Saturday that portrayed a dark image of the country and demonized undocumented immigrants.

As Trump called the Nov. 5 election a “chance to send a message,” he stopped his remarks and turned to the crowd.

“Back home to mommy, she goes back home to mommy,” Trump said, resuming his speech and appearing to address a heckler. “‘Was that you darling?’ And she gets the hell knocked out of her. Her mother’s a big fan of ours, you know that right? Her father, her mother. You always have that.”

It was not the first time Trump has used violent language to attack hecklers who interrupt his rallies. In 2016, after a heckler interrupted a Las Vegas rally, Trump told the crowd: “Here’s a guy throwing punches, nasty as hell, screaming at everybody else,” before adding: “I’d like to punch him in the face.” In Iowa during the same campaign, he also encouraged supporters to “knock the crap” out of potential hecklers.

During his Saturday speech in Coachella, Trump repeated falsehoods about migrants and sought to portray the country in apocalyptic terms. He described the elections on Nov. 5 as “liberation day,” comparing the United States to an “occupied country.”

“We are known all throughout the world now as an occupied country,” Trump said. “We’re like an occupied country. We got people taking over parts of Colorado, we have people taking over other states, a lot of states don’t want to talk about it, because they’re embarrassed … But it’s no different really than if we lost a war.”

Trump used similar language on Friday, when he visited Aurora, Colo. Trump has promised to launch a deportation program called “Operation Aurora” to dismantle “illegal migrant criminal networks” operating in the United States, under the Alien Enemies Act of 1798. The law was last invoked during World War II to intern immigrants of Japanese, German and Italian descent.

Trump vowed to remove members of Tren de Aragua, a violent Venezuelan gang. Aurora officials, including the Republican mayor, say authorities there have arrested eight people linked to Tren de Aragua but dispute the gang has “taken over” apartment buildings, as Trump repeatedly claimed.

In the final weeks of the presidential campaign, Trump has leaned into an anti-immigrant message. Earlier this week, he suggested that undocumented immigrants who commit crimes have “bad genes.” While speaking here Saturday, Trump described the border as the top issue and continued to portray undocumented immigrants as criminals, even as federal data shows that the vast majority of people arrested at the southern border do not have criminal convictions. There’s little evidence that undocumented immigrants commit more crime than U.S. citizens.

The California rally capped off a controversial week for the former president during which he said he had been to Gaza when he hadn’t; suggested CBS News should lose its broadcasting license; continued to spread misinformation about the Biden administration’s hurricane relief efforts; described “The View” co-host’s Sunny Hostin as a “dummy”; and insulted the city of Detroit while giving a speech there.

The Washington Post polling average has Vice President Kamala Harris leading in four of the seven battleground states. Every state is within a normal-sized polling error of 3.5 points and could swing either way.

The unusual decision to hold a rally in California, a deep blue state, followed a similar decision to hold an event in another Democratic stronghold, Colorado, and a plan for a rally at Madison Square Garden later this month in New York. The decisions are part of a general pattern in which, unlike the Harris campaign, Trump and his allies are leaning into the idea that they are winning.

Trump’s remarks in California carried the same themes that he has featured in swing states. He repeatedly mispronounced Harris’s first name. He warned about being “very close to World War III.” He described Democrats as “professional thieves.”

And he continued to insult both Harris and other opponents. He referred to California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) as Gavin “New-scum.” He jabbed at former GOP primary rival Chris Christie’s weight. And he called Adam Schiff, the Democratic nominee for an open Senate seat in California, unattractive and repeated his frequent criticisms of the size of Schiff’s neck.

“Pencil neck!” A woman in the crowd yelled as others cackled.

Tampon Tim!” a man shouted as Trump spoke, referring to the nickname MAGA supporters have given to Democratic vice-presidential candidate Tim Walz. Trump has used the phrase, too.

“She’s a ho!” others yelled as Trump moved on to Harris, using a term for a sexually promiscuous woman.

The audience grew especially animated when Trump pointed out the “fake news” watching from the press pen, jumping up on their seats to boo and give thumbs down in what has become a Trump rally tradition.

Later, there were more shouts from the crowd after a video montage about Harris. “Ka-MAL-a sucks!” a man yelled, mispronouncing Harris’s name. Another man stood up from his seat to yell that Harris was dumber than a rock, prompting yet another man to shout that they shouldn’t be unfair to rocks.

A minute later, someone yelled again: “She’s a ho!”

Trump has repeatedly spoke disparagingly about the state of California, where Harris served as a district attorney, an attorney general and a senator. During his speech Saturday, he said California “stood as the beacon of what our country aspired to become … It had everything, it had the weather, it had the water.” But he then proceeded to say “all that was eradicated by decades of the very policies that Kamala Harris wants to now force upon America.”

During his speech, Trump once again threatened that, if he became president, he would withhold funds for California wildfires if Newsom didn’t change his water policies. The remark came at the same time that Trump has been criticizing the Biden administration for its allegedly slow response to hurricanes in the Southeast.

“We’ll say, Gavin, if you don’t do it, we’re not giving you any of that fire money that we send you all the time for all the forest fires that you have,” Trump said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/10/12/trump-heckler-violence/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    And if POOTWH’s own words aren’t enough to convince you, maybe listen to what others are saying? Maybe? But in general, the cultists are gone, way too far gone from reality. Along with Steve O, they’re going to burn the whole country down.

Trump is ‘fascist to the core,’ Milley says in Woodward book

The former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff says Trump is “the most dangerous person to this country,” echoing dire warnings of others in national security circles.

Retired Gen. Mark A. Milley warned that former president Donald Trump is a “fascist to the core” and “the most dangerous person to this country” in new comments voicing his mounting alarm at the prospect of the Republican nominee’s election to another term, according to a forthcoming book by Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward.

Milley, 66, served for more than a year as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Trump before continuing in the role under President Joe Biden.

Upon stepping down in September 2023 after more than 40 years in the military, Milley laid out his apparent concerns about Trump in a pointed retirement speech. “We don’t take an oath to a king, or a queen, to a tyrant or dictator or wannabe dictator,” he said.

Woodward’s new book, “War,” due out Tuesday, follows Milley in the years after the Trump administration as he wrestles with escalating fears over the president he once served.

Milley was a source for Woodward’s 2021 book, “Peril,” sharing his worries about Trump’s mental stability and national security decisions, according to excerpts of his new book. Upon seeing Woodward again at a reception in March 2023, he told the author that his concerns had grown more dire.

“I glimpsed it when I talked to you back — for ‘Peril,’ but I now know it. I now know it,” he said.

“No one has ever been as dangerous to this country as Donald Trump,” the general told Woodward. “Now I realize he’s a total fascist. He is the most dangerous person to this country.”

By the following year, Milley was receiving a “nonstop barrage of death threats” that he attributed to Trump’s political rhetoric and his fixation on retribution for his perceived enemies, Woodward writes.

After retiring, Milley installed bulletproof glass and blast-proof curtains at his home.

He also fears being recalled to uniform to be court-martialed “for disloyalty,” should Trump win against Vice President Kamala Harris in November, Woodward writes.

“He is a walking, talking advertisement of what he’s going to try to do,” Milley warned former colleagues, according to the book, in reference to a 2020 Oval Office meeting with Milley and former defense secretary, Mark T. Esper, in which Trump threatened to court-martial two military officers, Stanley McChrystal and William H. McRaven, who had been critical of the president after retiring.

I will order them back to active duty and then I will court-martial them!” Trump yelled, according to Woodward. Esper wrote a similar account of the meeting in his own 2022 book.

“He’s saying it and it’s not just him, it’s the people around him,” Milley told colleagues.

Milley, who formerly served as chief of staff of the Army, had a strained 16-month tenure in the Trump administration. In 2020, after the police killing of George Floyd, he joined the president and other top administration officials to appear outside a church for a photo opportunity in Washington, after Trump had ordered demonstrators be removed from Lafayette Square near the White House.

Milley later apologized for being there. “My presence in that moment, and in that environment, created the perception of the military involved in domestic politics,” he said at the time.

Another clash came after the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol, when Milley called his then-counterpart in the Chinese government, Gen. Li Zuocheng, to reassure him that the country and its international relations would remain stable.

“My task at that time was to de-escalate,” Milley told the Senate Armed Services Committee in testimony to Congress later that year. “My message again was consistent: calm, steady, de-escalate. We are not going to attack you.”

Afterward, Trump wrote in a post on his social media platform that if Milley was giving China “a heads up on the thinking of the President of the United States,” it would amount to “an act so egregious that, in times gone by, the punishment would have been DEATH!”

Numerous national security officials, retired military leaders and Republicans have announced their support for Harris, according to a tally by The Post.

Milley could not be reached for comment Saturday, and the Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/10/12/mark-milley-donald-trump-fascist/

All fun and games until it bites you in the ass.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©

Brilliantati©
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    Well, not exactly true for me (my higher power is is the great Mystery that is the unknown and unknowable), but I like this anyway:

Im a better Christian than any trump supporter and Im an atheist shirt  hoodie sweater long sleeve and tank top

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

tbergs said:

and these fucking crazies keep acting like this is us, when it was them all along. Same shit is happening in Canada to a degree. The amount of micropenises with big pickups with "F**K TRUDEAU" decals on is concerning. 

David Allsopp on X Reminder that the triggered feminist meme much  loved by internet arseholes everywhere comes from a video where the lady  is actually making pretty calm rational arguments in a
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,342
    njhaley1 said:
    tbergs said:

Fascism is here. 
    Damn right it is, but don’t take my word for it. And how some people spend their time, unbelievable.

Couldn’t agree more 
    nicknyr15 said:
    njhaley1 said:
    tbergs said:

Fascism is here. 

Couldn’t agree more 
    I haven’t attended a “rally” since 1992 but keep on projecting.

Brilliantati©
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,796
    tbergs said:

That's crazy and yes, a lunatic.

I was out the other day when I heard a guy say:

"Obama is running the Country"

"The Election was stolen and if Trump doesn't win again this Election is stolen"

"Harris is a Idiot"

"Harris wins better get your guns"

"Trump truly wants to help the common man"(I almost laughed but held it in)

"Don't get me started how Biden is handling  the Hurricane"

I didn't say a word because he's obviously a lost cause.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,342
    nicknyr15 said:
    njhaley1 said:
    tbergs said:

Fascism is here. 

Couldn’t agree more 
    Ok. 
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    njhaley1 said:
    tbergs said:

Fascism is here. 

Couldn’t agree more 
    Ok. 

What I want to know is, Who has been in a rumble?
    Royal Rumble GIFs  Tenor

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Thanks POOTWH. I guess? And so, which is it? Feds haven’t responded or they don’t want fed assistance? If the latter, just pull out and let them rely on themselves or the state. Good luck NC.

Hurricane recovery officials in N.C. relocated amid report of ‘armed militia,’ email shows 

Safety fears are growing as misinformation collides with a large-scale federal recovery effort.

LAKE LURE, N.C. — Federal emergency response personnel on Saturday had employees operating in hard-hit Rutherford County, N.C., stop working and move to a different area because of concerns over “armed militia” threatening government workers in the region, according to an email sent to federal agencies helping with response in the state.

Around 1 p.m. Saturday, an official with the U.S. Forest Service, which is supporting recovery efforts after Hurricane Helene along with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, sent an urgent message to numerous federal agencies warning that “FEMA has advised all federal responders Rutherford County, NC, to stand down and evacuate the county immediately. The message stated that National Guard troops 'had come across x2 trucks of armed militia saying there were out hunting FEMA.’”

“The IMTs [incident management teams] have been notified and are coordinating the evacuation of all assigned personnel in that county,” the email added.

Two federal officials confirmed the authenticity of the email, though it was unclear whether the quoted threat was seen as credible. The National Guard referred questions to FEMA when asked about the incident. One Forest Service official coordinating the Helene recovery said responders moved to a “safe area” and at least some work in that area — which included clearing trees off dozens of damaged and blocked roads to help search-and-rescue crews, as well as groups delivering supplies — was paused.

By Sunday afternoon, personnel were back in place, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The setback is one of the latest examples of growing concerns about safety and security in western North Carolina, where many towns were almost wiped off the map after the historic hurricane made landfall two weeks ago. In the weeks since, misinformation and rumors have made the recovery more difficult, targeting multiple federal agencies operating as part of the recovery. Federal officials such as the secretary for the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA’s director of public affairs have been the target of antisemitic attacks.

Chimney Rock, in Rutherford County, has become one of the centers of tension and conflict after a rumor spread on social media that government officials planned to seize the decimated village and bulldoze bodies under the rubble. Authorities and news outlets debunked the assertion, but people still took to social media imploring militias to go after FEMA.

A person familiar with FEMA operations, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the agency was working out of an abundance of caution and its teams were operating at fixed locations and secure areas instead of the usual practice of going door to door. 

“FEMA continues to support communities impacted by Helene and help survivors apply for assistance,” the person said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive discussions. “For the safety of our dedicated staff and the disaster survivors we are helping, FEMA has made some operational adjustments.”

The heightening tension has resulted in residents harassing federal employees, said Riva Duncan, a Forest Service official who lives in Asheville.

Duncan, who is also a representative with the Grassroots Wildland Firefighters, said people have been yelling at federal employees delivering aid or showing up to do repairs, saying, “We don’t want your help here.”

One Forest Service employee, she said, was pulling into a gas station when someone yelled at him to leave, saying “We don’t want the government here.”

“It’s terrible because a lot of these folks who need assistance are refusing it because they believe the stuff people are saying about FEMA and the government,” Duncan said. “And it’s sad because they are probably the ones who need the help the most.”

In a text message shared with The Washington Post, a woman said that her child, a Forest Service crew member from California, was one of those who temporarily left the county.

Earlier Saturday, a resident came to a supplies distribution center, now largely run by relief group the Cajun Navy with the help of a Baptist Church organization, and threatened FEMA personnel who were also stationed there in a trailer, according to two Cajun Navy volunteers. Lake Lure Police and Rutherford County Sheriff’s offices confirmed the incident.

Sgt. Herbie Martin with the Spindale Police Department, located about 25 miles outside Lake Lure, was circling the parking lot Sunday afternoon. He also confirmed the incident, saying “he hoped FEMA would come back.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2024/10/13/federal-officials-nc-temporarily-relocated-amid-report-armed-militia-email-shows/

Brilliantati©
    do we know he was actually attempting to kill him? or was a a 2A die hard who wasnt going to be told what to do?

This article was in a link or post of a Threads posting that someone posted. This is not recoverable. A very significant portion of ‘Muricans have created, live in and will defend their alternative reality. It’s too late. Tbergs is living it in real time. Good luck. Keep your papers on your person.

The truth is, it’s getting harder to describe the extent to which a meaningful percentage of Americans have dissociated from reality. As Hurricane Milton churned across the Gulf of Mexico last night, I saw an onslaught of outright conspiracy theorizing and utter nonsense racking up millions of views across the internet. The posts would be laughable if they weren’t taken by many people as gospel. Among them: Infowars’ Alex Jones, who claimed that Hurricanes Milton and Helene were “weather weapons” unleashed on the East Coast by the U.S. government, and “truth seeker” accounts on X that posted photos of condensation trails in the sky to baselessly allege that the government was “spraying Florida ahead of Hurricane Milton” in order to ensure maximum rainfall, “just like they did over Asheville!”

continues……

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2024/10/hurricane-milton-conspiracies-misinformation/680221/

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    do we know he was actually attempting to kill him? or was a a 2A7 die hard who wasnt going to be told what to do?

from the article, seems bogus to me. at least it doesnt pass the smell test. dude admits intent and he's released on 5k and appears in 3 months? wtf?

Miller was apprehended about 30 minutes before Trump’s Calhoun Ranch rally, near Coachella, began. Bianco told the Epoch Times that police “arrested a man trying to get in the perimeter with two firearms who ended up saying he was going to kill the president.” Miller posted $5,000 bail, was released, and will appear at the Indio Larson Justice Center on January 2 of next year.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    do we know he was actually attempting to kill him? or was a a 2A7 die hard who wasnt going to be told what to do?

from the article, seems bogus to me. at least it doesnt pass the smell test. dude admits intent and he's released on 5k and appears in 3 months? wtf?

Miller was apprehended about 30 minutes before Trump’s Calhoun Ranch rally, near Coachella, began. Bianco told the Epoch Times that police “arrested a man trying to get in the perimeter with two firearms who ended up saying he was going to kill the president.” Miller posted $5,000 bail, was released, and will appear at the Indio Larson Justice Center on January 2 of next year.

doesn't pass the smell test. if this were legit there is no way he would be bonded out.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited October 13
    oh. when you lose the bro vote.... you're kinda fucked. do note the article is 2 yrs old

Post edited by mickeyrat on