Options

*** the DONALD J TRUMP IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED FELON thread ***

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,337
    mickeyrat said:
    Having 40% vote against, essentially, an incumbent, in multiple primaries doesn't seem great.

Imagine the media's incredulousness if Dean Phillips was getting those numbers against Biden.
    i think biden won with 96% of the vote in sc. yet, to the media, the democrats are fractured and have a real problem.

fuck that. the fact that trump is not getting 75% of gop primary votes shows that he is weak and is not the formidable candidate they want you to think he is.

just as i have been saying for months. he is going to get slaughtered in a general election vs biden. the only thing trump can run on besides the border are his christofascist positions, which are deeply unpopular.
    That is an insane thing to say right now man, given all the available data you are ignoring. He'd probably win if the election was today....thankfully, it's not. But still, come on.
    it is simple math. 

20% of all haley supporters are in the "not voting for trump under any circumstance" camp. he cannot win anything without all of their support. even if they stay home, that helps biden, not trump.

where are the guaranteed red waves that never happened? the gop has not won a single election cycle since trump won in 2016. you think people are really going to turn out for trump now?

the ivf fiasco is all trump's doing. he is going to lose all of those people. he is going to lose women for bragging about him overturning roe v wade. 

i predict a minimum 5 million popular vote landslide. take it to the bank.

everyone breathe for a minute.
    Why are you so much more certain of those polls but then disregard Biden at all time low approval ratings and losing to Trump in most national and swing state polling though? 

Look, I think Biden will win too largely because of what's in store with Trump's legal issues and people remembering how horrible a person he is and how awful a president he was, combined with people realizing the economy is improving----meaning, I believe there will be a shift towards Biden this year. According to you there is no shift needed. Hope his campaign isn't that over confident...
    i am very confident because i believe americans will learn from their past mistakes. nobody thought he would win the first time and dems did not turn out for hillary the way they should have. she was a flawed candidate and i believe people had clinton fatigue. i believe the comey thing is what finally made people decide to stay home. even with that, she won the popular vote by 3 million. most americans regretted how 2016 turned out. look at dem turnout since then. they have blown out the gop in every election cycle since. 

i believe the majority of americans have trump fatigue and that will deeply hurt him. 

i am certain biden is going to win unless something very, very bad happens.
    Tell that to all the Muslims in Michigan who did not vote for Biden last night. Trump won it by 10,000 people in 2016. Doesn't take much for the swing states to flip back. 

I like your confidence. I do. I just pray the Biden campaign is not nearly as confident as you are. lol.

something to verify juggs...

and this too.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,456
    edited February 28
    mickeyrat said:
    Having 40% vote against, essentially, an incumbent, in multiple primaries doesn't seem great.

Imagine the media's incredulousness if Dean Phillips was getting those numbers against Biden.
    i think biden won with 96% of the vote in sc. yet, to the media, the democrats are fractured and have a real problem.

fuck that. the fact that trump is not getting 75% of gop primary votes shows that he is weak and is not the formidable candidate they want you to think he is.

just as i have been saying for months. he is going to get slaughtered in a general election vs biden. the only thing trump can run on besides the border are his christofascist positions, which are deeply unpopular.
    That is an insane thing to say right now man, given all the available data you are ignoring. He'd probably win if the election was today....thankfully, it's not. But still, come on.
    it is simple math. 

20% of all haley supporters are in the "not voting for trump under any circumstance" camp. he cannot win anything without all of their support. even if they stay home, that helps biden, not trump.

where are the guaranteed red waves that never happened? the gop has not won a single election cycle since trump won in 2016. you think people are really going to turn out for trump now?

the ivf fiasco is all trump's doing. he is going to lose all of those people. he is going to lose women for bragging about him overturning roe v wade. 

Why are you so much more certain of those polls but then disregard Biden at all time low approval ratings and losing to Trump in most national and swing state polling though? 

Look, I think Biden will win too largely because of what's in store with Trump's legal issues and people remembering how horrible a person he is and how awful a president he was, combined with people realizing the economy is improving----meaning, I believe there will be a shift towards Biden this year. According to you there is no shift needed. Hope his campaign isn't that over confident...
    i am very confident because i believe americans will learn from their past mistakes. nobody thought he would win the first time and dems did not turn out for hillary the way they should have. she was a flawed candidate and i believe people had clinton fatigue. i believe the comey thing is what finally made people decide to stay home. even with that, she won the popular vote by 3 million. most americans regretted how 2016 turned out. look at dem turnout since then. they have blown out the gop in every election cycle since. 

i believe the majority of americans have trump fatigue and that will deeply hurt him. 

i am certain biden is going to win unless something very, very bad happens.
    Tell that to all the Muslims in Michigan who did not vote for Biden last night. Trump won it by 10,000 people in 2016. Doesn't take much for the swing states to flip back. 

I like your confidence. I do. I just pray the Biden campaign is not nearly as confident as you are. lol.

something to verify juggs...

But that proves my point Mick. Obama was struggling in polling around this time in 2012. He made up a lot of ground throughout the campaign. 

Part of what worries me is Obama was a MUCH better campaigner than Biden is currently. Obama obviously was not afraid of the traditional Super Bowl Sunday interview, either...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,936

it is simple math. 

Makes sense to me.
    Here's something that gives a little added perspective perhaps:  I live in one of the most conservative, GOP-majority counties in California (and despite this state having a reputation for being ultra liberal, there are areas here that on the contrary are ultra conservative as well, and mine is one of them).  Despite that fact, over several recent months I have noticed a marked reduction in Trump flag waving here.  Whereas I used to see a lot of bro-dozer and shot-muffler yahoo pickup trucks with gigantic pro-Trump flags and "F*ck Biden" flags and banners and such flying all over the place, I don't see then nearly as often. 
    Also, on the Facebook "El Dorado Chat" site which is highly populated by right wingers Republicans, I have noticed lately that at lot of these people are still grumbling about the Democrats, but I can't remember the last time any of them mentioned anything about supportive about Trump, or even a mention of his name.  They seem to be dodging the issue.  They may not be Biden fans, but I don't see them making any noise about their love of Trump either. 
    My take is that Republicans are in disarray and are more focused on being disgruntled than they are making any forward progress in this country.  They (and I included the few on this site who keep posting Biden-hate jabs) are out of touch, out of ideas, and basically clueless.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    also do not lose sight of the fact that trump is underperforming the polling by 10%, and biden is overperforming the polling.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Pretty much a disaster right now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    also do not lose sight of the fact that trump is underperforming the polling by 10%, and biden is overperforming the polling.

Yeah, I was just reading about that.  Trump is essentially running as an incumbent, and in his party he should be doing way better than he is.  This is a sign that, thankfully, many republicans are over with his b.s.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,972
    This fucking guy just can’t help himself from winning, so much winning.

Trump said he had $400M in cash. Now his lawyers say bond is a struggle.

Two weeks ago, a New York judge ordered Donald Trump to pay a huge penalty of $355 million plus interest — a grand total of more than $450 million — after finding him liable for fraudulently inflating his wealth.

But now that it’s time to produce such an amount, Trump’s legal team is undercutting both his and their own claims about his ability to do so.

In a filing Wednesday, Trump’s lawyers asked for a delay and offered to post a bond of just $100 million rather than the full amount. They called the full amount a “facially absurd” judgment and added that its terms preventing him from obtaining loans “make it impossible to secure and post a complete bond.”

Posting cash or a bond in the full amount is required within 30 days of a judgment to avoid the penalties being enforced while Trump appeals, experts have told The Washington Post.

An appeals judge ruled later Wednesday that Trump will still need to post the full amount but that he can obtain loans; an appeals panel is expected to review the case and issue its own decision March 18.

Before that, Trump’s team also said posting the full amount would “likely” require selling property in ways that would irreparably damage him financially.

“In the absence of a stay on the terms herein outlined, properties would likely need to be sold to raise capital under exigent circumstances,” their filing says, “and there would be no way to recover any property sold following a successful appeal and no means to recover the resulting financial losses from the Attorney General.”

Trump lawyer Christopher Kise added during a hearing Wednesday, “No one, including Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk and Donald Trump, has 500 million laying around.” (Bezos owns The Washington Post.)

But in the very same legal proceedings less than a year ago, Trump indicated he had something close to that amount of cash at his disposal.

In an April 2023 deposition, Trump volunteered that he had “substantially in excess of 400 million in cash.”

“Developers usually don’t have cash. They have assets, not cash,” Trump said. “We have, I believe, 400 plus and going up very substantially every month.”

Trump added later that, despite the legal fees he was facing, “I have over 400 — fairly substantially over $400 million in cash. That’s just cash. That’s just cash.”

It’s not clear that Trump’s legal team is saying that he doesn’t actually have the cash, as much as that producing a bond in the full amount is impractical.

It’s also possible that Trump’s cash flow has declined in the intervening months. But he claimed it was increasing significantly as of April 2023.

The Trump legal team’s claims are also at odds with what one of its own members said last week, after the judgment.

Appearing on Fox News, Trump lawyer Alina Habba noted that a bond including the full amount would have to be posted and added that “we will be prepared to do that.”

“Unfortunately, they picked the wrong guy to pick on, in my opinion, because he’s strong, he’s resilient, and he happens to have a lot of cash,” Habba added.

In an appearance on Newsmax, Habba was a little less convincing on that front. Asked if Trump had “that kind of money,” Habba interjected, “Yes.” But when the host finished the question with the clause “sitting around,” Habba offered a more equivocal answer.

“I mean he does — of course he has money,” Habba said. “I mean, he’s a billionaire.”

Trump’s ability to post the full amount has been the subject of plenty of speculation, given that his inflation of his wealth was well established even before New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) brought her lawsuit in 2022.

Over the weekend, The Post’s Jonathan O’Connell, Shayna Jacobs and Josh Dawsey walked throughthe cash crunch that posting the full amount could cause Trump and the avenues he might have for producing a bond. Trump faces a similar situation over an $83.3 million judgment against him in the E. Jean Carroll defamation case.

James wrote Wednesday that Trump’s request shows his lawyers “all but concede that Mr. Trump has insufficient liquid assets to satisfy the judgment.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/02/28/trump-said-he-had-400-million-cash-now-his-lawyers-say-bond-is-struggle/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    greenygreen777greenygreen777 Allendale MI Posts: 68
    I do have democrat/progressive friends that are unlikely to vote this go around, so there is that as well... 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,130
    Yeah well I have maga friends that are going to vote for Biden
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    greenygreen777greenygreen777 Allendale MI Posts: 68
    I do not think our fragile society could mentally make it through another 4 years of King Trump, so... I hope you are right. I do think the abortion issues will cost trump in the end. 
  • Options
    edited February 29
    brianlux said:

Yeah, I was just reading about that.  Trump is essentially running as an incumbent, and in his party he should be doing way better than he is.  This is a sign that, thankfully, many republicans are over with his b.s.
    Imagine a scenario where none of his major trials happen before the election. Now imagine he is not convicted in the hush money trial, which everyone agrees is the weakest, in a couple of months...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    how can the 3 justices appointed by trump not be forced to recuse themselves?

he gave them their jobs, how can they be unbiased as they sit in judgement of him?

seems like a major conflict of interest for all 3 of them.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    wait. we all know they are not unbiased in most other cases they hear, so i guess this won't be any different. 

• Options
    From WaPo’s comments section. Sure, it’s not a cult.

It’s frightening though, how MAGA minions continue to believe every lie they’re fed, without question. I’m a civilian employee of a law enforcement task force, and yesterday in the office the officers were talking about how the January 6th insurrection was not instigated by Trump supporters, but by paid actors pretending to be Trump supporters. These are college educated professionals who believe this nonsense. If they were using logic, they’d ask themselves why so many of those “paid actors” are now sitting in prison cells.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801

It’s frightening though, how MAGA minions continue to believe every lie they’re fed, without question. I’m a civilian employee of a law enforcement task force, and yesterday in the office the officers were talking about how the January 6th insurrection was not instigated by Trump supporters, but by paid actors pretending to be Trump supporters. These are college educated professionals who believe this nonsense. If they were using logic, they’d ask themselves why so many of those “paid actors” are now sitting in prison cells.
    Wonder who would pay democrats to dress up like MAGA to stop Biden from being inaugurated.  That seems like a flawed strategy.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Wonder who would pay democrats to dress up like MAGA to stop Biden from being inaugurated.  That seems like a flawed strategy.  
    Soros. He’s chaos agenty that way.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I do have democrat/progressive friends that are unlikely to vote this go around, so there is that as well... 

Sounds more regressive than progressive to me. 

• Options
    brianlux said:

Imagine a scenario where none of his major trials happen before the election. Now imagine he is not convicted in the hush money trial, which everyone agrees is the weakest, in a couple of months...

I hear you.  When I think about those possibilities, I get the shakes.  Scary times.

• Options
    edited February 29
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I hear you.  When I think about those possibilities, I get the shakes.  Scary times.
    One of his supporters in here was duped by that stupid fake image of the Sphere in Vegas putting up an FJB thing. There millions just like him...there's also a significant amount of left wing dems mad about Palestine and irrationally blaming Biden for it. It does not take much at all for things to flip back to the 2016 map. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ya. Duped. Right. LMAO at the left every day. Obviously a made up pic. But funny. 
  • Options
    Ya. Duped. Right. LMAO at the left every day. Obviously a made up pic. But funny. 
    honestly i'd be embarrassed to post those obviously fake things on here.

• Options
    There he is. No meme, though. Good work on using your words!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,539

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    shecky said:

You're the mark. 
  • Options
    shecky said:

So, what’s it like being in a cult?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,373
    shecky said:

Substitute "by" for "about" (and of course eliminate "great") and you've nailed it.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,448
    shecky said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 yeah sure you start drinking early on weekends ha 😂😂😂 what languages do you think he will speak today at his rally? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options