Options

*** THE 1ST, 2ND, 3RD, AND 4TH ARREST, INDICTMENTS, AND TRIALS OF DONALD J TRUMP ***

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    That was a trainwreck...and a great reintroduction to how horrible of a human he is to a lot of people who haven't been paying attention. 
    Are you saying this doesn't win new voters?

“I’ve never spoken to a crowd as large as this,” Trump said. “That was because they thought the election was rigged. And they were there proud. They were there with love in their heart. That was an unbelievable and it was a beautiful day.” 
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    He didn't change at fucking all.  ...excuse me.

What a douche.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    ikiT said:
    He didn't change at fucking all.  ...excuse me.

What a douche.
    Correction (because “This is CNN”):

BREAKING NEWS - 76-year old man same as he was four years ago. World shocked.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    mrussel1 said:
    Just imagine clips of that deposition smothered in tv ads over and over again next year. He's not growing his base of supporters, folks. 
    it doesn't matter if he grows his base or not. it matters what the economy is doing the 6 months leading up to the general, and independents will vote accordingly. 
    In a campaign of two normal people, that may be true.  That's not the case here.  People in this country remember the chaos.  I was talking to some lifelong Republicans at a conference last week, and they just want him to be gone.  They were sick of hearing about him everyday.  Now that doesn't mean they will vote for Biden over Trump, but I think independents still break to Biden.  
    they might. but I don't think independents pay attention to the chaos. they pay attention to what affects them personally and the last couple weeks leading up to the election. it is FAR too early to tell which way anyone will break. 
    They sure did and were turned off by it the last two elections, Hugh...

And it will be impossible to ignore it again next year. 
    And Gen Z hates him
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    so,

who is gonna watch the big man on cnn tonight?

i expect that they are gonna basically give him a free handy with softball questions.

someone would need to pay me a million bucks to watch that dumpster fire.
    CNN and/or Kaitlan Collins MAY light this fucker up.  He's been a real fucking asshole to her, and that entire network, since the days of wayback.  He did NO sit down interviews or town halls exclusively on CNN for his entire so-called presidency. No Chris Cuomo, no Don Lemon, no Anderson Cooper, no Wolf Blitzer, and no Erin Burnett.

I hope she abso-fucking-lutely torches that POS and he's left a babbling shell of himself.  Fucker.
    This aged well 😊

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    ikiT said:
    so,

i expect that they are gonna basically give him a free handy with softball questions.

CNN and/or Kaitlan Collins MAY light this fucker up.  He's been a real fucking asshole to her, and that entire network, since the days of wayback.  He did NO sit down interviews or town halls exclusively on CNN for his entire so-called presidency. No Chris Cuomo, no Don Lemon, no Anderson Cooper, no Wolf Blitzer, and no Erin Burnett.

I hope she abso-fucking-lutely torches that POS and he's left a babbling shell of himself.  Fucker.
    Shameful on CNN's part that this was allowed to go down the way it did. He should've been told, if there's a substantial and obvious lack of respect shown for E. Jean Carroll, or our own anchor, a decision will be made (not by Collins, but by execs watching) to end the event immediately. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,853
    mrussel1 said:
    she used to work at the daily caller. don't count on it. 

he's going on as he knows he needs to. 

but it wouldn't surprise me if he agreed to go on with certain "this topic is off limits" agreement
    Any credible news org would not agree to off limit topics, unless it was about his family or something with no public interest. 
    I had my doubts when he said "they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse" but also the fact he agreed at all. But from what I saw, you are correct. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    benjs said:
    ikiT said:
    so,

Shameful on CNN's part that this was allowed to go down the way it did. He should've been told, if there's a substantial and obvious lack of respect shown for E. Jean Carroll, or our own anchor, a decision will be made (not by Collins, but by execs watching) to end the event immediately. 
    FREE SPEECH (the idiots would have cried!)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Just imagine clips of that deposition smothered in tv ads over and over again next year. He's not growing his base of supporters, folks. 
    it doesn't matter if he grows his base or not. it matters what the economy is doing the 6 months leading up to the general, and independents will vote accordingly. 
    In a campaign of two normal people, that may be true.  That's not the case here.  People in this country remember the chaos.  I was talking to some lifelong Republicans at a conference last week, and they just want him to be gone.  They were sick of hearing about him everyday.  Now that doesn't mean they will vote for Biden over Trump, but I think independents still break to Biden.  
    they might. but I don't think independents pay attention to the chaos. they pay attention to what affects them personally and the last couple weeks leading up to the election. it is FAR too early to tell which way anyone will break. 

And Gen Z hates him
    I keep seeing this said. Where is this coming from? polls?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

And Gen Z hates him
    Recent elections show they lean left. They aren't exactly happy with Biden but they are behind him.

Gen Z females are extremely upset about the GOP abortion focus. Gen Z is much less religious.

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,517
    benjs said:
    ikiT said:
    so,

The ratings are the only thing that's important to them, so why would they bother drawing a line that he can't cross? 

People talk about the "Liberal media" as if they in the bag for the left, or democrats but, *newsflash* the media is in the bag for the media. 

Michelle Wolf hit the nail on the head when she suggested the media loved him. 

He's good for business, and that's all that matters to the "liberal media". 
  • Options
    it wouldn't surprise me if CNN were HOPING he wins. People were glued to the freaking news for 4 years. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    she used to work at the daily caller. don't count on it. 

he's going on as he knows he needs to. 

but it wouldn't surprise me if he agreed to go on with certain "this topic is off limits" agreement
    Any credible news org would not agree to off limit topics, unless it was about his family or something with no public interest. 
    I had my doubts when he said "they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse" but also the fact he agreed at all. But from what I saw, you are correct. 
    Yeah I cringed when I heard that. But it all makes sense...no way he would have done this with an even format. He would have been roasted.

Interviewers need to learn how to hold him accountable. They need to talk over him like a 12 year old and shout him down. If he calls them "nasty" they need to respond accordingly. Quit bringing tampons to gun fights.

• Options
    collins left a LOT on the cutting room floor there. and I didn't watch the whole thing; just clips on twitter. letting him get away with saying the left is executing babies after birth. wtf? she was clearly out of her element just trying to think of her next question that she couldn't think on her feet. 

imagine if it were jon stewart. 

maybe the "offer he couldn't refuse' was the attractive female he could bully. instead of someone who could handle themselves. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    mrussel1 said:
    That was a trainwreck...and a great reintroduction to how horrible of a human he is to a lot of people who haven't been paying attention. 

“I’ve never spoken to a crowd as large as this,” Trump said. “That was because they thought the election was rigged. And they were there proud. They were there with love in their heart. That was an unbelievable and it was a beautiful day.” 
    Haha. Yep. Biden already had an effective ad out with Trump's own words by 9:30 last night.

Last night was a gift to the Biden team as well as prosecutors looking into Trump's wrong doing. I'd expect E Jean Carrol to sue him again too. lol

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Haha. Yep. Biden already had an effective ad out with Trump's own words by 9:30 last night.

Last night was a gift to the Biden team as well as prosecutors looking into Trump's wrong doing. I'd expect E Jean Carrol to sue him again too. lol

Could Carroll sue CNN too? 

That would be rich. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,913
    mrussel1 said:

And Gen Z hates him

2022 election results. most of his endorsed candidates lost. While he wasn't running the election was about him.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjs said:
    ikiT said:
    so,

I was wondering if they did end it early but I haven't heard any talk of that. I was expecting it to last until 930 and they seemed to stop around 910 or so.

• Options
    I think I had some PTSD watching that last night. I watched about the first 15 minutes then switched to hockey. I kept going back and it was just the same shit over and over.

The people clapping and laughing....I can't get over it.

And what the fuck was up with his hair? He looked like absolute shit.

• Options

I feel like anyone who thought that was going to go any other way than it did really hasn't been paying attention these last 8 years. 

The 'liberal media' fucking loves him and accommodates him way more than they should. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,913

I feel like anyone who thought that was going to go any other way than it did really hasn't been paying attention these last 8 years. 

The 'liberal media' fucking loves him and accommodates him way more than they should. 

$$$$$$
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

I honestly felt like the host would have known how to counteract his bullshit. Total failure.

You can't just sit up there and tell him that something he said wasn't true and expect to have an intelligent conversation.

He kept trotting out the fraudulent vote bullshit. Host only counters with "that's not true" and moves on. 

• Options
    and when he asked which republican AG's said no wrongdoing, she couldn't name names. this should be basic shit for someone interviewing the former seditious prez. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and when he asked which republican AG's said no wrongdoing, she couldn't name names. this should be basic shit for someone interviewing the former seditious prez. 
    Yeah and he kept saying shit like "many democrat senators agree"....absolute bullshit

• Options
    I think I had some PTSD watching that last night. I watched about the first 15 minutes then switched to hockey. I kept going back and it was just the same shit over and over.

Haha, I know.  I put it on for five minutes during a commercial break and my wife could not stand it.  I laughed because I think he's such a joke of a human.  I find it actually funny because it's so ridiculous, but she gets upset.  

His hair did look like total shit.

Again, I only watched five minutes and I thought Collins was trying hard.  The BIG mistake by CNN was making the audience Republican voters.  I know why they did it, since it's primary time.  But he just feeds off that.  They would have been wiser to make them independents or split them.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Haha, I know.  I put it on for five minutes during a commercial break and my wife could not stand it.  I laughed because I think he's such a joke of a human.  I find it actually funny because it's so ridiculous, but she gets upset.  

Again, I only watched five minutes and I thought Collins was trying hard.  The BIG mistake by CNN was making the audience Republican voters.  I know why they did it, since it's primary time.  But he just feeds off that.  They would have been wiser to make them independents or split them.  
    Yeah it's pretty clear that was the only way he would agree to it....we should have known

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah it's pretty clear that was the only way he would agree to it....we should have known
    You're probably right.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    edited May 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You're probably right.  
    Honestly though....seeing him say the things he said about the woman he sexual abused and then to hear a crowd of republican voters laugh and cheer him on, as horrible as that was, does him more harm than good to anyone outside of his base. I watched more than you did with my wife but we had the same reaction. I am sure millions more felt the same. 

I also thought Collins did a decent job under the circumstances. The people critiquing her performance just based off of twitter clips are not being fair...in my opinion. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    COMPLAIN here

chris.licht@turner.com