edited April 2023

More info and answers for the exhibit opening Satruday evening at @absorb__

‘From Under the Dust’ Exhibit
    Saturday, April 15, 7:00-10:00
    Absorb Gallery
    1121 Front St Building, Dayton, OH
    UPSTAIRS
    >>>(Directions at bottom of post)

There is no entry fee….I’d never charge anyone to come and see my artwork, ever. I made a joke about Ticketmaster fees and some people thought they had to get tickets. Just stop by.

Right now, we’ve just got it scheduled for one evening but there may be a soft opening the following weekend where people can come and view the exhibit if you can’t make it to the opening night. I’ll do my best to let everyone know so you can plan accordingly.

Most questions have been about sales so I’m going to address those but specifically, it costs nothing to come and view the art and it’s absolutely free to show up and get the experience of seeing way too much of it packed into one single location.

All work will be available for purchase.
    I’ll be accepting PayPal, Venmo, Cash and Zelle.
    *There is no card reader at the gallery, unfortunately so payments will have to be made electronically.

I’ve had people send messages asking if I will sign stuff while I’m there…yes. Always glad to sign previous work that I’ve done.

I’ve done my best to set prices specific to this show that I hope make the art more accessiblle to those locally in Dayton who want to own an original. Especially the older paintings.

If you buy a piece, you can take it right off the wall and take it home with you.
    If you need it to be held at the gallery, it has to be picked up within one week of the event.

>>>>No holds or reserves, first come first serve.
    No shipping for any paintings or online sales as of right now.

There are several older pieces that will be very affordable. All work priced $500 and under are limited to one piece per customer.

There are pieces as large as 46” x 36” and small as 17” x 17” and lots of sizes in between. Most pieces aren’t framed so I can offer them at a lower price.

Hope to see you some of you there.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02jW7cZKJxnqMRHPGPQSKQ7G4bw1zXQ3FPXDpKTZyDJgUBkorkv6MYkAx46TCPWnDWl&id=1575745753&mibextid=Nif5oz

“The Death of Apollo,” 2016, 30” x 40” acrylic on canvas. One of the35 pieces in the “From Under the Dust” exhibit tomorrow evening at @absorb__ Gallery. 
    Got a message asking if all pieces are $500 or less…that’s not the case. I’ve lowered prices for this exhibit but the range is from $225 - $3,000 depending on age/size. 
    Pieces that are priced $500 and less are limited to one per customer so there are some of those to go around. 
    I clarified that in the last post of there was any confusion. 
    See some of you tomorrow. 🦕

About the title: Greek Gods were immortal...so there was no way for Apollo to actually die. But he was made mortal a few times I believe by Zeus as punishment for something but I can't remember what that was exactly. 

This piece depicts Apollo being killed. Apollo was said to have guided the arrow that killed Achilles so in a weird twist of irony, in this piece we have an immortal god who cannot die being killed by an arrow. 
    Really it's just about the idea of thinking about the strongest person you can imagine and realizing that everyone is mortal no matter how immortal they may seem.

• Thank you for posting this! I decided to do the 1.5 hour drive to check this out. So glad I did. I think they were overwhelmed with the turn out. I was able to pick up two paintings and he signed and doodled my cincy poster.  Don couldn't have been nicer.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,931
    Those are awesome! 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,181
    Thank you for posting this! I decided to do the 1.5 hour drive to check this out. So glad I did. I think they were overwhelmed with the turn out. I was able to pick up two paintings and he signed and doodled my cincy poster.  Don couldn't have been nicer.

Sweet! :)