Options

Trifold LP with just two pockets?

Anyone know of a vinyl album in a Trifold packaging but where the centre panel is glued and not open to fit a disc?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,144
    edited February 2023
    Yes
    Any specific examples? 

Skimmed through my collection (be it I don't have many trifolds) and didn't find one.

But wait, also have Binaural. WILL LOOK AFTER WORK
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934
    trifolds are a pain in the ass.

would prefer to see a center page out of cover stock.

otherwise you could construct the back half of a gatefold to easily accept 2 lp's

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

What does this mean?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    mickeyrat said:

What does this mean?

gatefold cover folded over right? image on the outside. one "cover" on the inside folded opposite. you add one to create a center "page" out of cover stock.so a total of 3 "covers" outer one is the front and back cover like normal. with 2 interior "covers" but folded the opposite way like on the gatefolds.

wind up with 3 pockets,  one for each lp....

outer left to "#1" inner left. #1 inner right to "#2" inner left. #2 inner right to outer right.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,987
    edited February 2023
    Pockets on the sides of the tri? Its possible I have one, but I would think its could be structually unsound because thats a lot of weight on the sides pulling at the middle. 

I know Whats the Story Morning Glory is a tri fold with 2 pockets, but the pockets are on the 2 & 3 page.

• Options
    Seems this is true for Binaural.
  • Options
    Pockets on the sides of the tri? Its possible I have one, but I would think its could be structually unsound because thats a lot of weight on the sides pulling at the middle. 

I know Whats the Story Morning Glory is a tri fold with 2 pockets, but the pockets are on the 2 & 3 page.

Hmm. Interesting. Will go check it out at the record store. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

What does this mean?

gatefold cover folded over right? image on the outside. one "cover" on the inside folded opposite. you add one to create a center "page" out of cover stock.so a total of 3 "covers" outer one is the front and back cover like normal. with 2 interior "covers" but folded the opposite way like on the gatefolds.

wind up with 3 pockets,  one for each lp....

outer left to "#1" inner left. #1 inner right to "#2" inner left. #2 inner right to outer right.

constructed differently than I described ,but Rush "Time Machine" is a 4 lp set. has individual pages for each record. Similar could be done for a 3 lp set as well.